About Maintenance at Amazon:
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. Reliability Maintenance & Engineering (RME) are the business partners that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make it all happen. We drive continuous improvement, and maintain all of the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to ensure our customers are met with the Amazon smile. Come join us, on our journey!
If you do not meet 100% of the preferred qualifications outlined in this job description, we still encourage you to apply. We understand that skills and competencies can be gained in many ways and we are primarily interested in a demonstrated commitment to the work and the potential to grow. Experience comes in many forms and passion goes a long way. If your experience is close to what we're looking for, please consider applying.
About the Role:
As a Maintenance Technician II, you will use your skills to support the Operations Maintenance team in repairing and maintaining material handling equipment and pneumatic systems throughout the building. You will have the opportunity to install, maintain and repair automated packaging and distribution equipment. In addition to developing your skills, you will mentor junior technicians to grow in their roles.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait, there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
Key job responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
- Complete preventative maintenance routines with proper documentation
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems related to all Material Handling Equipment (MHE) which includes belts, motors, photo-eyes, relays, and more
- Maintain a positive working relationships across all of the Amazon Operations facility
- Track and store department inventory
- Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
Please note that while we strive to accommodate employees' preferences for shift assignments, due to operational requirements and scheduling constraints, we cannot guarantee a specific shift assignment.
The following are typical shifts in the Maintenance Tech role:
Front Half Day Shift:
Schedule: 4 days on, 3 days off. The days can be set according to your operational needs, a common pattern is working Sunday to Wednesday.
Hours: Typically, this shift might start in the morning and end in the late afternoon. For a 10-hour shift, this could be 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM, with a half-hour break included.
Back Half Day Shift:
Schedule: 4 days on, 3 days off. Often, this shift could be Wednesday to Saturday to complement the Front Half Day Shift.
Hours: Like the Front Half Day shift, this shift would also occur during daytime hours. Depending on your downtime windows, a typical schedule might be from 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM, with a half-hour break.
Front Half Night Shift:
Schedule: 4 days on, 3 days off. The days can be arranged as per your needs, such as Sunday to Wednesday.
Hours: This shift would occur during the night. For example, it could run from 6:00 PM to 4:30 AM, with a half-hour break.
Back Half Night Shift:
Schedule: 4 days on, 3 days off. To complement the Front Half Night Shift, this might run from Wednesday to Saturday.
Hours: Like the Front Half Night shift, this shift would take place during the night. Depending on your downtime windows, a typical schedule might be from 7:00 PM to 5:30 AM, with a half-hour break.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Goodyear, AZ, USA
- 1+ years of Microsoft Office products and applications experience
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- Associates or higher degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- 2+ years of experience with automated conveyor systems and controls
- 2+ years of experience in the repair of material handling equipment
- 2+ years of experience conducting predictive and preventative maintenance procedures
- 1+ years of metal and wood fabrication
- 1+ years of blueprint and electrical schematic reading
- 1+ year of knowledge with electrical and electronic principles
- 2+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Experience with Material Handling Equipment (MHE) safety standards accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Safety standards
- Project Management experience
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Experience with robotic operation and maintenance
- Able to troubleshoot basic input and output functions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.