Did you ever try to discover products on Amazon without a clear requirement and felt the pain of spending hours searching? Did you ever think this problem should be solved? Are you interested in working in a dynamic startup environment with an experimentation culture? Does having the autonomy to create the vision of your team and lead them to deliver a game changing experience for customers intrigue you? If yes, you should talk to us.
We are trying to solve this problem through “curated product discovery” where we bring the expertise of thousands of influencers, brand owners and product experts to help Amazon customers find products that delight them.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager who is passionate about using technology to solve tough business problems to massively improve the Amazon customer shopping experience.
The Subscription box business is a $5 Bn opportunity across hundreds of new sellers outside Amazon and existing 800+ Marketplace sellers who have an eligible subscription product. Our goal is bring new selection to our 270MM+ customers including fun ways for them to discover new products through Machine learning based curation algorithms built based on customer preferences and shopping behaviors.
The Subscribe and Discover (SnD) team has complete ownership of the software platform that powers the Subscription and Discovery Box experiences. Engineers in this team are engaged in solving hard engineering problems every day. We are obsessed with delivering software that is highly optimized and meets very high quality and performance bars.
You will have the opportunity to work with a cross functional team of stakeholders on some our highest visibility projects. Technology wise, you will work across an end-to-end stack that ranges from distributed big-data pipelines, complex asynchronous processing systems to customer and selling partner facing front-end experiences operating on multiple devices. You will be working in an agile environment with balanced focus on incremental as well as radical innovation.
This team is a great fit for you if
· You want to independently deliver technically challenging, highly visible initiatives with direct impact to the ecosystem of multi-billion dollar programs
· You like to work across end-to-end stacks and with cross-functional teams to bring new ideas to life
· You want to demonstrate your ability to continuously deliver results using incremental innovation and simplification.
· You want to learn about what it takes to successfully operate the Amazon marketplace business
You will build the vision for and lead a 2-pizza team of engineers responsible for building and delivering the core technology to enable hands of the wheel automation for selection management features for the Subscribe and Discover program.
If this sounds interesting, we look forward to hearing from you and chatting about next steps.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of engineering team management experience
- 7+ years of working directly within engineering teams experience
- 3+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 8+ years of leading the definition and development of multi tier web services experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience partnering with product or program management teams
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Software Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $148,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $287,700/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.