Do you like helping customers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping groups understand application architectures and integration approaches? Do you have the consultative and leadership skills to help customers succeed with their cloud efforts? Do you have a background in enterprise Contact Centers, and a passion for driving innovation into existing IT organizations?
Amazon Web Services is looking for Solutions Architects to help establish Amazon Connect as the market leader for Contact Center services. Amazon Connect was designed from the ground up to be omnichannel, it provides a seamless experience across voice and chat for your customers and agents leveraging AWS.
This is a highly technical position for someone who can dive deep, build complex, AWS-optimized architectures, and help customers accelerate their adoption of AWS services. Your broad responsibilities include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects. You should be as comfortable discussing complex technical details with a room full of engineers as you are briefing an executive audience. In addition, you will engage with other AWS solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex sales opportunities to closure.
The Amazon Connect team is creating and migrating large scale and compelling workloads on AWS. You will be engaging with and influencing technical teams requiring AWS expertise and in so doing will be making a significant impact on Amazon’s customers.
Enjoy working with Enterprise customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
Key job responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure customer success in building and launching Amazon Connect solutions
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, blogs, and technical guides
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, partners, service engineering teams and support
About the team
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Atlanta, GA, USA | New York, NY, USA | Washington, DC, USA
- 8+ years of specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics) experience
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting in applications and infrastructures experience
- 10+ years of IT development or implementation/consulting in the software or Internet industries experience
- Experience building integrations across WFM, CRM, and contact center solutions
- Experience with communications protocols and APIs such as WebRTC and SIP
- Experience with scripting (e.g. python, java, c#, .NET, Node.js)
- 5+ years of infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking experience
- Knowledge of SAP systems (like SAP Business Suite, S/4HANA, SAP Business Warehouse, SAP HANA, SAP Business Objects, etc.) and their architecture and infrastructure needs
- Experience working with end user or developer communities
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience required
- Experience developing solutions and passion for hands-on experience with scripting/coding (e.g. python, java, c#, .NET, or Node.js)
- Communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and customers
- Experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or consulting
- Designing highly available applications with responsibility for infrastructure robustness, including networking, communications, server hardware and storage
- Application, server, and/or network security
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $122,900/year in our lowest geographic market up to $239,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.