When shopping on Amazon, Customers care about price (low!), selection (more!) and delivery (they want it fast! they want it free! but they also want to manage their environmental footprint, and they want packages to arrive in less boxes, and more).
We are seeking a Principal Product Manager - Promise to improve the Customer experience by developing products that surface signals from our fulfillment network to display more relevant offers to Customers (e.g., by ranking faster shipping products higher in Search results), create new Customer experiences (e.g., by messaging items that ship with items in your cart), and nudge Customers towards lower cost / lower carbon fulfillment (e.g., by increasing prominence of locally available offers in recommendations).
We are seeking a Principal Product Manager - Promise to improve the Customer experience by developing products that surface signals from our fulfillment network to:
- display more relevant offers to Customers, considering their delivery preferences
- surface environmentally conscious Customers sustainable options, with shorter shipping distances, reduced packaging waste, and fewer deliveries
- create new Customer experiences which go beyond (“when does it arrive”) to include (“how does it arrive”)
- increase the prominence of offers with local inventory to nudge Customers towards lower cost / lower carbon fulfillment
- preserve the fastest delivery speeds for the purchases where speed matters most
The Product manager will work with partner teams across the Customer journey, from searching through our product selection to checking out and selecting delivery options. They will work with economists, research scientists, engineers and other product managers to design, develop, test and deploy services that evaluate inventory, fulfillment capabilities, carrier capabilities, and more, in milliseconds, to surface the optimal customer experience.
This role is a highly visible and critical position within Amazon with significant impact to the customer experience. The Principal Product Manager will help Amazon accelerate progress towards our Shipment Zero goal to make 50% of all shipments net zero carbon by 2030 and have a significant impact on optimizing our long-term free cash flow.
The Team: You will be part of the Promise Optimization team, within the Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) organization. We believe finding an optimal delivery promise and living up to it consistently improves the customer experience because we increase confidence and trust in Amazon as the single, best option to get what you want when you want it.
What are we looking for: A successful candidate will have an established background in product management with strong technical ability, project management skills, great communication skills and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will :
* Establish a compelling vision for the product domain
* Develop detailed business requirements and a roadmap for development, exercising judgment to prioritize between competing initiatives
* Establish deep working relationships with multiple teams across different organizations, working together to identify and integrate the relevant fulfillment network signals to drive the optimal customer experience
* Evolve Amazon’s understanding of customer behavior by developing new metrics around market demand as it relates to physical delivery
* Provide clear direction and relevant communication to data science, engineering, and senior leader stakeholders regarding business performance and project status
At Amazon, we strive to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. At the core of our global vision is Supply Chain Optimization Technologies, a close-knit, dedicated team tasked with making industry-leading delivery promises and relentlessly executing to meet them. To achieve this, we begin with our customers and work backwards, leveraging data from millions of orders and billions of interactions to pioneer new scalable solutions to ensure we have the right products in the right place at the right time.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Bellevue, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience technical product management
- Experience working directly with Engineers on product enhancements
- Experience in project management methodologies, business analysis, or process improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $144,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $279,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.