The Seasonal Loss Prevention Specialist (SLPS) position will support the Loss Prevention team in standard work while a permanent Loss Prevention Specialist is identified and fully trained. Once the LPS has completed training, the SLPS position will transfer back to path.
The Loss Prevention Specialist (LPS) is a key hourly associate position within Amazon Operations. The LPS leads the effort to efficiently and effectively oversee security services and asset (lives, buildings, equipment, inventory, data, and intellectual property) protection in a designated building. The LPS reports to the Loss Prevention manager responsible for their facility, and aids them in supporting the Operation team, and cross functional teams throughout the organization. The position is site based.
The Seasonal Specialist’s primary responsibility will be supporting the efforts of their Manager in the implementation of standardized, cost effective, and efficient security services program. This will be measured by agreed upon objectives and metrics related to key areas such as the level and quality of customer service provided, access and inventory control effectiveness, and the protection of the FC’s employees and visitors as well as improvements to non-security related productivity (such as employee retention, business continuity, product and equipment dependability, continuous flow, etc.).
The Seasonal Specialist will also assist in enhancing, tracking, and reporting key performance indicators that properly correlate to the department’s objectives and effectively indicate areas of opportunity and weakness that allow the Loss Prevention team to diagnose, prioritize and expedite performance improvements so that the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner. Effectiveness is measured via the speed at which root causes of defects are identified
Key job responsibilities
-Conduct investigations to deliver results regarding investigations of theft, fraud, and workplace violence
-Analyze data, conduct audits and identify trends to create actionable plans to mitigate risk
-Exemplify with actions and communication the LP organization’s vision and values while aligning performance to cultivate a shrink awareness culture
-Meet or surpass objectives that align with security service model
-Effectively partner with internal customers in evaluating current and future security services, processes and initiatives
-Audit physical security infrastructure (i.e. including intrusion detection, access control, cameras) and ensuring functionality of all systems.
-Work weekends and/or overnight shifts as necessary.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Union City, GA, USA
- 1+ years of Microsoft Office products and applications experience
- High school or equivalent
- Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
- Can lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Work 40 hours/week, and overtime as required
- Previous experience in supply chain logistics, security management, law enforcement, data analysis, or other pertinent fields
- Strong ability to data mine, research, and understand data analytics
- Strong operational familiarity with all Microsoft Office configurations, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong familiarity with data bases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, Access, Exception-Based Reporting, etc.
- Experience working in logistics environments, warehouse or distribution center services
- Awareness and implementation of best practices related to the utilization of physical-security systems, investigation techniques, effective oversight of contract security officers, and distribution-center loss-mitigation techniques.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.