Amazon Operations Technology is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to join our Network Security Policy Management team in Austin. In this role you will be solving challenging problems and developing scalable, high-performing solutions that require minimal long term sustaining and development support. Our team is responsible for all global core services and infrastructure within the Operations Technology space; our systems support over 100,000 Amazonians and hundreds of thousands of IP enabled devices.
In this role, you will partner with Systems Engineers, Network Engineers and Software Engineers globally to develop simple and efficient technology that supports our Fulfillment Centers and Transportation Sites. You will work with a wide variety of technologies and projects that range from third party enterprise solutions to open source and proprietary inventions. Technicians and Engineers worldwide will look to you for mentorship, guidance and solutions to complex business problems that are truly unique to Amazon. We value performance, simplicity, and scalability in our designs. In your day-to-day work you will focus on automation of complex tasks to allow our business to scale with customer demand.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.