Amazon Prime Video & Studios is the premier entertainment hub for on-demand, live and linear video content from Amazon Studios and global partners. With over 200+ million consumers globally and an ever growing 5+ million catalog library, it is still day one for Video entertainment. We are looking for a big thinker and customer obsessed Principal Product Manager Technical to lead and drive the definition, prioritization and invention of science powered customer experiences to discovery content.
To help us fulfill this mission, we are looking for a customer-obsessed Principal Product Manager Technical with proven product/tech experience and a passion for video content. You will work on both new, ground-breaking features that differentiate Prime Video as a service while scaling our existing features to as many Prime Video customers as possible. We work in a complex and fast-paced environment often with fixed timelines. You will own creating vision and strategy, and will build and execute long-term product roadmaps.The ability to plan, refine, and make trade-offs is critical along with the ability to write clearly, manage executive communication, and develop frameworks for decision-making. You'll work cross functionally with our dedicated tech team (software engineers and machine learning scientists), partner tech teams, UX design, business intelligence, operations, marketing, and creative teams to bring products to market and enhance the customer experience.
If you are excited about making an impact on a service that is used by millions of people around the world, including your own friends and family, then this could be the right opportunity for you!
Key job responsibilities
* Leading with vision and change to bring new or evolve existing cutting edge technologies for Prime Video. Developing and executing product strategies that enable our organization to deliver highly resilient, scalable, and efficient solutions to meet the evolving needs of our customers and business.
* Directly own goals with visibility throughout Prime Video and across Amazon. Work with teams across Prime Video and throughout Amazon to influence organizational roadmaps and strategy.
* Translate complex and ambiguous business problems into crisp product strategies and roadmaps, while managing prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience and time to market.
* Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, marketing, operations, and business stakeholders, to define and prioritize product features, set the product roadmap, and ensure successful product delivery.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ease navigating all levels to deliver big picture and technical problem and solution definition. Write technical product documents, including narratives, feature requirements, EPICS, user stories, and product specifications.
* Measure and analyze existing products and business models for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to developers, marketing teams and customers.
* Own experiments and create clear mechanisms to test and pilot new features prior to launch. Ensure success metrics are well-documented and tracked to ensure feasibility analysis can be completed.
A day in the life
This role will define and continually optimize product strategies, ensuring we deliver a delightful customer experience and drive innovations to further Prime Video's business objectives. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, UX designers, QA testers, data analysts, program managers, live operations and other relevant business stakeholders to execute on product strategies. This role will continually measure the success of their product and use key insights and learnings to drive future product enhancements.
About the team
The Prime Video Customer lifecycle tech team (PV-XBD) has a vision to delight customers by creating awareness inside the Prime Video apps of how Amazon over-delivers value for them (e.g. with their Prime membership), and how to become more deeply engaged and get value out of the Amazon ecosystem. PV-XBD’s mission is to design, launch, and operate merchandisable CX in the PV apps to ensure every Amazon customer, along their entire lifecycle, is aware of and engaged with Prime, their benefits, and relevant, shoppable content. We provide the technology enabling business/marketing teams to reach more customers in the right in-app locations with the right messaging at the right time. Our CX empowers teams to engage customers in-app. We decide what to develop through experimentation to help us discover where in the customer lifecycle (and at what place in the PV apps) XBD messaging resonates, and how it delivers value to Prime members.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Culver City, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 8+ years of product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology experience
- 4+ years of end to end product delivery experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with product cycles of 6+ months
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company
- Ability to work autonomously and drive structure around ambiguous problems, projects, and team questions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $129,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $240,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.