Do you have a passion to install, deploy, service and maintain mission critical IT infrastructure in one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing cloud data centers? Are you looking to expand your horizon in an exciting and dynamic work environment that encourages creativity and boundless opportunities for career development? Do you enjoy solving problems and delivering value-adding results?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Amazon Web Services Data Center is the place to be!
In this role as a Data Center Operations Engineer (DCO Engineer), you will be responsible for the on-site management of hardware lifecycle of our Singapore IT infrastructure.
You will troubleshoot technical issues on advanced hardware, ranging from servers, storage and networking devices on a 24/7 basis. Working with key technical subject matter experts, you will have the opportunity to participate in the design, implementation and commissioning of our advanced IT infrastructure. Drive & implement projects to enhance operational efficiencies with opportunities to share experiences and knowledge with our global network of technical experts.
As a successful DataCenter Systems Engineer, your day-to-day work will include:
• Installation and configurations on Data center Servers and Network systems
• Installation, troubleshooting and replacement of internal and external hardware parts of Servers and Network devices
• Perform storage media (HDD, SSD etc.) sanitization and destruction tasks
• Work within a ticket-based environment and work on systematic problem resolution
• Movement of equipment with assisted lifting machinery.
• Work on rotational shift-based schedule to maintain high system reliability by prioritizing trouble tickets
• Collaborate with internal teams (DC operations, DC Engineering, Logistics, Security, Projects etc.) sharing ideas and contribute in innovative projects to improve DC work environment and overall efficiencies.
• Participate, lead and deliver small to mid-scale projects including new Data Center rollout
About the team
The Data center Operations Teams are pivotal to ensuring the continuality and high availability of one of the world’s fastest-growing cloud data centers around the world. As one of the cutting-edge data centers, we manage customers’ data for major MNCs and emerging companies alike, at a . Imagine the scale and the impact that could affect millions of users. Given the evolution and progression of the digital age, we are growing our infrastructure team and are looking for passionate technologist to join us!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
• 5+ years of IT infrastructure operations experience
• Computer/Server Hardware Troubleshooting experience
• Basic understanding of Network operation / support experience
• Written & verbal communication skills
• This role involves covering 24x7 shift rotation
• LINUX Operating System, Hardware or Networking certifications.
• Knowledge in virtual/cloud computing environments.
• Understanding of IT service management
• Understanding of Data Center environment safety and security.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.