Are you fascinated by the power of Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Large Language Models (LLM) to transform the way we interact with technology? Are you passionate about applying Generative AI to solve complex challenges within one of Amazon's most significant and fastest-growing businesses? If so, Amazon's International Seller Services team has an exciting opportunity for you.
The International Seller Growth organization develops solutions, including the software platform and applications that drive demand generation, customer acquisition, seller integration, customer relationship management, and order management functions necessary for sellers worldwide to manage their business online at Amazon.
We are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer who will work with Product Management, Engineering (science & tech), other product and business teams across Amazon to help us grow a key strategic product using Generative AI that will become a co-pilot in the growth journey of tens of thousands of Sellers as they sell on Amazon.
The ideal candidate is a passionate yet pragmatic visionary who can gather and synthesize customer data, behaviors, motivations and preferences to propose new solutions. You are experienced at combining qualitative and quantitative data and practices, and are expert at telling a cohesive story with your findings. You are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. You have global perspective and experience leveraging diverse market and customer needs, educating a core product and business teams with this knowledge. In this role you will work closely with business stakeholders, software engineers and product teams to deliver complex, high quality, scalable products deployed around the world.
Key job responsibilities
- Identify seller needs and design delightful solutions with measurable impact.
- Work with product team to develop high-level requirements.
- Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface and interaction specifications.
- Present and defend design recommendations to partners, stakeholders, and senior leadership for review, feedback, and approval.
- Work with Tech teams to ensure a seamless implementation of designs and make trade-offs when needed while without compromising on core experience.
- Measure the success and effectiveness of your proposed designs.
A day in the life
A Senior Designer in this role is responsible for creating solutions that will highly impact Amazon Selling Partners worldwide to provide excellent service and support to Amazon customers. This designer will meet regularly with representatives from product and engineering teams to gather product priorities, align on goals, interact with sellers to gather insights, work design creative solutions, collaborate with partner UX teams, present concepts to cross-functional partners and contribute to streamlining the design process.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 7+ years of UX designer or interaction designer experience
- Have an online portfolio or samples of work on resume, demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices
- Experience acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps
- Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Figma, Sketch or similar
- Experience in delivering design solutions for projects of large scope and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $113,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $211,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.