Amazon is seeking a Senior International Tax Manager, to join the Tax team based in Dubai, to support the Amazon (Stores) business.
The candidate will primarily focus on corporate tax matters but also have an awareness of withholding tax, indirect tax and transfer pricing matters.
Key job responsibilities
• Implementation of Corporate Tax and Global minimum tax rules (with relevant support from external Tax advisors)
• Collaboration with cross functional teams to ensure tax considerations are incorporated into new business decisions, expansion into new markets, new product offerings or restructuring of operations, providing practical solutions that align to company’s strategy and vision.
• Providing guidance on international tax implications of cross-border and local transactions.
• Leading/Management of tax audits and inquiries by tax authorities, including preparing and reviewing responses to information requests and defending the company's tax technical positions
• Monitor changes in the Tax environment in order to understand the impact on the current day to day business operations, identifying risks and opportunities.
• Providing guidance to internal stakeholders on international tax matters, including conducting workshops or presentations to educate employees on tax implications of their activities.
• Development of relationships with both internal and external customers, including active engagement with foreign Tax Authorities.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 10+ years of tax, finance or a related analytical field experience
- 10+ years of tax experience with a significant amount of time providing technical guidance experience
- Experience within a multinational business and either legal or accountancy firm experience
- Experience liaising with tax authorities including responding to audits and information requests