Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of e-Commerce and Advertising, offering a rich array of digital advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. Amazon DSP is Amazon’s programmatic advertising product for campaigns spanning Video, Audio and Display across Amazon properties (e.g., Amazon.com, IMDb TV, Twitch, Fire TV, and Amazon Music) and tens of thousands of third-party websites and apps. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
Amazon Publisher Services is a suite of cloud-based services that helps publishers build thriving digital businesses. We are seeking a Principal, Product Manager - Technical for the Streaming TV and Audio team. This team is responsible for building advertising technology services that help streaming TV and audio broadcasters to grow their businesses through better quality advertising for publishers and buyers, and more relevant ads for viewers. In this role, you will own a suite of advertising products for our broadcaster customers. You define the strategy of the new products and have end-to-end product ownership from technology strategy, prioritization and development, to adoption and iteration with the business and engineering teams. You will work closely with our broadcaster customers and across teams at Amazon to build products that will shape the future of Streaming TV and Audio services. This is a high-impact role that requires big-picture thinking, but also strong execution, technical depth, analytical rigor and excellent communication.
The ideal candidate wants to work on projects where they are inventing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. They challenge themselves and others to constantly come up with better and often disruptive solutions. They know how to work cross-functionally to create alignment and deliver results. They are comfortable engaging in technical discussions with senior engineers to define product strategy. They want to create value and impact the direction of products and business - globally.
We are open to this role from New York City, NY, Chicago IL, or Austin, TX.
Key job responsibilities
* Product ownership of a suite of new APS Streaming TV and Audio advertising products. Lead the product strategy to invent new solutions on behalf of our customers that focus on broadcaster ad monetization.
* Define the vision of their product suite and influence stakeholders and senior leaders through strong written communication skills.
* Focus intensely on Streaming TV and Audio customers to ensure we’re building products that deliver value for them.
* Work with cross-company business and product leaders to build and execute a strategic plan aligned with long-term objectives.
* Translate marketplace data and collect intelligence to identify opportunities for innovation and to guide product strategy.
* Drive excellence in execution and operations for your products, both within APS and across partner teams in Amazon Advertising.
* Lead complex, mission-critical projects from initiation through delivery.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 2+ years of end to end product delivery experience
- 8+ years of technical product or program management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience technical product management
- Experience leading cross-organizational programs and setting and holding teams and individuals to timelines and deliverables without explicit authority
- Experience working with and influencing senior level stakeholders
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and effectively influence across cross-functional teams
- Experience owning data-centric products
- 5+ years experience in digital advertising
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $144,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $279,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.