Passionate about identifying and communicating mutually beneficial customer and partner propositions and benefits? Strategic, detailed and self-directed sponsorship leader sought to grow and manage Partner participation in Amazon Web Services (AWS) flagship events and sponsorship programs.
The Sponsorship Program Manager supports multiple sponsorship programs, with a focus on AWS Summits, one of the leading customer conference for the cloud computing community.
Our ideal candidate will set new benchmarks for sponsorship retention, customer experience, and sponsor satisfaction. They bring a wealth of account management and sales experience, combined with strong program and operational excellence. The role will have oversight of key sponsorship departments including Sponsor Enablement (Partner Success and Customer Service) and Program Management (Project Timeline Management and Agency Efficacy). They will collaborate with our operations team to enable sponsoring Partners with tools to drive greater value for their sponsorship investment. In addition, they will build stronger synergies with our Partner Development, Partner Marketing, Events, and other internal stakeholders to scale the sponsorship program to a broader set of AWS Partners.
Our ideal candidate has passion for sponsorship, enthusiasm for our mission to connect AWS Partners to cloud computing enthusiasts, and talent for managing complex programs and coming up with creative solutions. You have worked on a sponsorship program or in the partner development ecosystem, have familiarity with AWS products and services and evidence of an ability to construct and scale a partner sponsor success program. This candidate must be strategic and understand how to execute effectively with changing priorities and in a virtual (hybrid) event world.
Key job responsibilities
- Spearhead, create and own the Sponsor Enablement function focused on partner sponsor success and experience in collaboration with the Sponsorship Operations team.
- Set and exceed sponsorship revenue goals, sponsor satisfaction and targets to contribute both AWS and AWS Partner Business
- Develop sponsorship project plans including demand generation, communications, content delivery, production/execution, and go-to-market.
- Continuously find automated touch points to increase sponsor satisfaction, drive incremental sales, and improve retention with contracted sponsors.
- Develop a trusted adviser relationship with strategic Partner accounts and sponsors.
- Work directly with Partner Team leaders and Partner Marketing Managers to cultivate new sponsorships and service strategic partner relationships.
- Build and deliver a series of webinars and tutorial videos educating Partners on how to get the most value from their sponsorship.
- Create documentation to help scale onboarding efforts that can be delivered through a self-service knowledge base, FAQs, and explainers.
- Identify onboarding and servicing challenges, and use analytics to support your recommendations.
- Partner with Demand Generation team to execute automated email nurture campaigns pre- and post-purchase directed at AWS Partners that optimizes sales, onboarding, and enablement.
- Guide efficacy of 3rd party agencies who support sponsorship execution.
A day in the life
One biggest job for this role is AWS Summit Sponsorship across APJ in April - June every year and we have several Area led Sponsorship Programs.
By collaborating with Global Sponsorship Program Team, the sponsorship program managers closely work with Area Field and Partner Marketing Teams and Partner Business Team to create and deliver the sponsorship programs from the beginning to the end. The events occurs across ASEAN, Australia, Korea and India, the manager have opportunity to go there and execute the program with the team there.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
#HereatAWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Experience driving direction and alignment with large cross-functional teams and agency partners
- Experience communicating results to stakeholders
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in global sponsorship management, partner ecosystem development and/or marketing program management and Relevant work experience in event marketing management (2,000+ attendee virtual and physical conference with multi-tier sponsors), marketing program management, sales and/or sponsorships with budgets of $5M+ in APJ
- Experience communicating results to senior leadership
- Demonstrated an ability to construct and build new processes and systems and Strong drive for results, with ability to manage independently and to take calculated risks