Amazon seeks an experienced Senior Finance Manager to play a key role on the AWS Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. This role will be responsible for driving broad insights that can shape the AWS financial strategy and maximize free cash flow. The successful candidate will lead a team to build scalable analyses, key performance indicators, and insights that will be shared with AWS Business and Finance Leadership to inform decision making. This position will work closely with multiple stakeholders across the organization to align on critical inputs, ranges of outcomes, and confidence intervals. This is a high judgment role that requires someone who can execute without structured guidance, navigate ambiguity, and effectively deliver results in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative and dynamic businesses.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop financial insights and narratives during all planning, forecasting, and reporting cycles.
• Support Balance Sheet reporting and cash flow forecasting.
• Manage and coordinate capital spend reporting, tracking KPI’s, and performing variance analysis.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical and process constraints.
• Lead a team to deliver high quality insights to inform decisions making.
• Be a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable solutions to support business growth.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 10+ years of tax, finance or a related analytical field experience
- 10+ years of positions that require analysis and reporting financial results experience
- 8+ years of building financial and operational reports/data sets that inform business decision-making experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related field
- 5+ years of hiring, leading and developing teams experience
- 8+ years of identifying incomplete or inaccurate data, identifying the root cause and creating/implementing an escalation plan experience
- 5+ years of working with senior staff (e.g. c-suite) experience
- MBA, or CPA
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $122,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $227,700/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.