Come be a part of a rapidly expanding $35 billion dollar global business. At Amazon Business, a fast-growing startup passionate about building solutions, we set out every day to innovate and disrupt the status quo. We stand at the intersection of tech & retail in the B2B space developing innovative purchasing and procurement solutions to help businesses and organizations thrive. At Amazon Business, we strive to be the most recognized and preferred strategic partner for smart business buying. Bring your insight, imagination and a healthy disregard for the impossible. Join us in building and celebrating the value of Amazon Business to buyers and sellers of all sizes and industries. Unlock your career potential.
US small business customers are a key segment to attend, both in terms of their unique purchasing behavior and their impact in revenue. The Amazon Business (AB) US team is seeking a results-driven, customer-focused, and innovative Sr. Product Manager to drive the development of this customer segment, by identifying opportunities, defining strategies and growth roadmaps within a defined scope of work, to ultimately launch projects, initiatives and/or product features suited to drive more value to our customers and increase their engagement within AB.
An ideal candidate is someone with a high degree of ownership, who likes experimenting and setting high standards, with a roll up your sleeves attitude. Must be able to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities. This person must have a high degree of autonomy with the ability to develop solutions and drive projects forward with minimal guidance. Candidate will need to develop in-depth understanding of the business and champion the needs of AB US small business customers, in order to deliver sustainable growth (both in revenue and profitability). Candidate must be able to think strategically, yet execute methodically to deliver to the highest standards. Also, candidate is able to quickly earn trust and has a strong team orientation with the ability to influence others and gain consensus, in an environment that is more start-up than big company.
Key job responsibilities
· Act as a business owner within a scope of work, representing the voice of the AB small business customers in US to driven forward solutions through extended partner teams (tech and non-tech)
· Establish key metrics (KPIs), identify gaps, and improve performance within the scope of influence
· Actively identify and resolve both strategic and tactical issues that may impair the ability to meet strategic, financial, and product roadmap goals
· Capture, document, and communicate business requirements. Translate requirements into features and user stories.
· Own project status updates to stakeholders and leadership
A day in the life
As a Sr PM within AB US, you will start your day catching up with your WW peers, while reviewing your key metrics to prepare for your weekly/periodical business review meeting. You will engage in follow ups with your partner teams to assess the status of the upcoming initiatives and/or launches, or perhaps you will present them a document to request ideas/resources behind an exciting growth opportunity. You will be running analysis, like your latest launch's post-mortem or a dive deep of a particular trend. While at times, you may find yourself writing documents to update the AB Leadership.
About the team
Our team blends different backgrounds, tenure, and cultures. We embrace challenges and complex problems, aware of our big mission to empower smart buying for all US small businesses by providing the best value and shopping experience. We strive to work smart, fueled by our collaborative spirit, where best practice sharing and willingness to help each other come natural. We enjoy team integration and energy management activities. For new members, we invest heavily in training and coaching, to put everyone in a position to enjoy the work and be a successful Amazonian for the long-term.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA
- 5+ years of product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience as a product manager or owner
- Experience in influencing senior leadership through data driven insights
- Experience working across functional teams and senior stakeholders
- Experience in delivering products and projects on tight deadlines, with proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, within companies from Technology, Retail, and/or Fast-Moving Consumer Goods sectors
- Master's degree or equivalent
- Proficiency with SQL and data analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.