Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a member of the APAC Regional Finance and Accounting team, the Accounting Manager will work closely with the local Audible team to support the growth of the Audible. This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
This is a hands-on individual contributor role which requires the right candidate to demonstrate knowledge of local tax and accounting requirements, a strong work ethic, and a knack for getting things done in a fast-moving environment.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering in an Audible workspace (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). For more information, please visit adbl.co/hybrid.
Key job responsibilities
As the Account Manager 12 month FTC you will...
- Supporting month, quarter, and year end close for Audible Australia and Singapore
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Journals for expense prepayments, accruals and others
- Managing content costs capitalization and amortization
- Supporting statutory audit and tax filings
- Dealing with accounts payable, intercompany and foreign currency related transactions
- Continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting and finance processes
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/ Accounting
- Demonstrable experience in Accounting or Controlling
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including fluent written and oral English language skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills with an eye for details
- Strong track record of handling multiple priorities and meeting timelines
- Strong Excel skills a must
- CPA/Chartered Accountant or similar professional qualification
- Sound knowledge of relevant accounting standards (US GAAP/ IFRS/ SFRS) and relevant tax laws
- Hands-on Workday and Oracle Financials with team experience will be a plus