(Fixed Term Contract)
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
Amazon Freight Operations Overview:
Amazon Freight Operations (AF Ops) is the Pan-European control center for Amazon Freight's Shipper Support and Transportation Execution. The team is responsible for planning and scheduling the transport orders placed by our customers (Shippers), and providing them with support at each step of their journey. We play a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon Freight's European transportation network and have direct impact on Shipper Experience.
Support & Operations Specialist Overview:
Amazon Freight Operations is looking to hire a motivated, highly committed, and customer-obsessed Support & Operations Specialist.
A Support & Operations Specialist facilitates flow of information between Amazon Freight and our external customers, proactively resolving any potential issues that impacts customer experience and performance delivery. A Support & Ops Specialist provides proactive and timely resolution to any issue in hand by researching & querying internal tools, by taking real-time decisions and having an effective communication with the stakeholders (verbal and written) that build rapport.
The candidate should be customer obsessed! They should be able to communicate to a high standard in both verbal and written form, using appropriate tone of voice.
The candidate should be able to recommend process improvements for the benefit of customers, and should have the passion to drive them to conclusion.
Key job responsibilities
· Responsible for working closely with multiple internal stakeholders to analyse data and to listen closely to customers: understands, paraphrases, and prioritizes customer needs, then provides appropriate solutions.
Displays ability to dive deep and accuracy when assisting associates and customers.
· Displays a positive work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, adherence to company policies and a commitment to excellent customer service.
· Continues to meet or exceed performance standards for productivity and quality as directed by site management and contributing to overflow work as delegated by leadership.
· Utilizes conflict resolution skills as applicable to customers; demonstrates effective listening skills and patience.
· Maintains a high level of professionalism and approachability.
· Responding to and/or redirecting all customer escalated emails and phone calls.
· Using customer service skills to effectively answer customer issues.
· Identifying needs and providing prompt resolution to inquiries and problems.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Coalville, LEC, GBR
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, MS Outlook, and MS Excel proficiency.
- Relevant previous experience in a similar role in retail or logistics or a customer facing role.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent (GCSE).
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in using SQL and databases in a business environment.
- Should be flexible to adapt to support a 24-7 operating environment
- Strong computer literacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should be comfortable with a multi-tasking, high-energy environment.
- Should be creative and analytical problem solver with a passion to provide excellent customer service.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).