Amazon Books team is looking for a Vendor Manager – Operations to deliver exceptional service to our strategic vendors (book publishers). This role is designed to help our most strategic vendors grow and deliver the best customer experience by working across all key levers (e.g. selection, availability, operational efficiency, catalog / metadata quality, offers/ promotions/ deals etc.). We have an ambitious vision to drive stronger business impact, operational scalability and vendor satisfaction through this role.
As a Vendor Manager – Operations, you will be responsible to deliver impact to a large group of strategic vendors (publishers) for Kindle eBooks, who located across the globe with primary focus on India, Mexico and Canada. Your priority will be to deliver on our commitment to help publishers improve their performance, ensure their satisfaction and continuously improve productivity.
You will work in close collaboration with Vendor managers to understand your vendors’ needs. You will also be the point of contact for various vendors for any operational challenges. You will also be seen as a subject matter expert on vendor related processes like selection and performance for deals and/or subscription programs. You will partner with multiple internal teams across Amazon (including but not limited to CS, Accounting, Tax, Conversions etc.) to solve publishers’ challenges. You will also identify opportunities for continuous enhancements and innovation required across our suite of services and tools to improve vendor satisfaction and drive operational efficiencies.
You should be customer obsessed, highly analytical, problem solver, and are actively thinking about automating and/or simplifying processes. You need to have a proven track record of delivering results in fast-paced and dynamic business environments while managing the sometimes conflicting needs of different groups of stakeholders. You should have clear communication, and proficiency in conducting complex analyses independently. You need to have driven innovation towards scaling processes/ driving automations and/ or influencing roadmaps to get relevant tools.
Key job responsibilities
· Partner with Vendor Managers and relevant partner teams to define priorities and operational goals according to vendor needs
· Understand the key pain points of the publishers to improve their experience with Amazon
· Define scalable way to manage and solve operational tasks across a large set of vendors, while supporting multiple Vendor Managers who own the direct relationship
· Be the point of contact and a subject matter expert for resolving any operational issues pertaining to these vendors/ publishers
· Audit metrics regularly to continually drive quality of vendor experience while driving operational efficiency
· Identify processes for simplification, tools which are candidates for automation for repetitive, time-consuming tasks to drive productivity with the team
· Influence roadmaps of partner teams to secure this automation
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 5+ years of program or project management experience
- 5+ years of working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps) at an advanced level and SQL
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 5+ yrs of experience in vendor management/ account management/ customer success operations/ program management with client/ customer facing roles
- Strong analytical skills with ability to lead complex analyses
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Experience of creating programs/ tools/ dashboards for productivity improvement
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written & verbal) with different functional groups including senior business leaders
- Experience in stakeholder management, dealing with multiple stakeholders at varied levels of the organization
- Experience building processes, project management, and schedules
- Master's degree
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving business performance
- Proven negotiation skills and experience with vendor management