The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Identity team builds, operates, and innovates the identity, authentication, and authorization stack for the AWS cloud. Our mission is to push the technical boundaries to enable AWS customers to run their business workloads confidently and securely. As part of this mission, we leverage customer obsession and technologies to help customers set appropriate access controls across all their AWS environments.
We are seeking a software developer engineer to be part of our team to build solutions on a global scale, own their systems end to end, and influence the direction of technology used by all AWS services around the world. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive mission critical projects, work with senior and principal engineers, and help mentor more junior team members.
As an SDE on our team you will:
· Create and collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of systems and services
· Work and grow with talented teams delivering impactful projects
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions while understanding system inter dependencies and limitations
· Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.