The Video Games and Software team is on a mission to build the best place on earth for customers to discover, purchase and enjoy video games and software. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer for the Digital Software and Video Games (DSV) team, focused on building out a next generation system with new features to support our goal of becoming the best possible connection between producers and consumers of digital software and video games content.
You will be responsible for leading the architecture, design, development, and launch of core product features. As an engineer on the team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, and development of new features from beginning to end. You will:
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
- Write high quality distributed system software
- Mentor & grow engineers across the team, leading by example and insisting on high standards
- Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
The ideal candidate is passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in an agile environment.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.