Do you have a passion for building cultures of design excellence, fostering creativity and innovation, and collaborating across diverse and cross-functional teams to deliver innovation for customers? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving tech environment, where agility and the ability to adapt design strategies to align with shifting market dynamics and emerging technologies are critical? The AWS Marketing Website team is looking for a visionary, strategic, and entrepreneurial Sr Manager of Design to lead the design organization supporting AWS's flagship website, aws.amazon.com.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is used by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises. The AWS Marketing Website team is a dynamic and and skilled group dedicated to driving AWS's digital presence to customers around the world. This team collaborates cross-functionally to build the experiences and frameworks, tools, and platforms for marketers to develop and execute their strategies that optimize website performance. This team plays a pivotal role in partnering across marketing and sales to achieve our goals together and deliver to our customer's cloud needs. This leader will build, lead, and grow a cross-disciplinary design team and will serve as the first point of contact for UX planning/roadmapping and vision-setting for the AWS website. The ideal candidate will exhibit leadership, high judgment, the ability to influence, and exceptional organization and communication skills.
Key job responsibilities
To be successful this design leader will need to drive a culture of design excellence and innovation, fostering an environment where creativity flourishes and new design paradigms are explored to delight AWS customers. They'll work cross-functionally and collaborate with design leadership, designers, product, and engineering teams to plan projects, understand customer needs, and create innovative, bar-raising experiences to meet those needs. They will mentor, coach, and develop a team of diverse designers, enabling their growth and professional development while ensuring a high standard of design output that aligns with business objectives. Leverage data and analytics to inform design decisions, conducting A/B testing and user feedback analysis to continuously optimize the website's performance, conversions, and user satisfaction. Engage with the executive team to articulate design strategies, present design proposals, and demonstrate the business impact of design decisions, ensuring alignment with overarching corporate objectives. They will also manage communications to team members, executives and other stakeholders. Come build the future of AWS with us!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 10+ years of design experience
- 5+ years of leading multi-discipline Design teams (ie. visual design, interaction design, user research, etc.) experience
- Experience leading a diverse team in the delivery of experiences from end to end (user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity visuals)
- A strong portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates industry-leading human-centered design process and business success
- Formal training in Design, UX, HCI, or related field, through an academic program or professional experience
- Experience embedding design within product teams for agile design and development collaboration
- Experience building creative centers of excellence.
- Experience in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
- Experience designing complex workflows for technical customers
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Figma, InVision, Photoshop, Adobe XD, or similar.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $144,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $268,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.