Senior Software Development Engineer - Amazon Web Services - Cross-platform client application development
Amazon Web Services (Route 53) is offering a Senior Software Development Engineer position in-person in Herndon, VA.
In this role, you will be leading a team working on development of cross-platform client applications for desktop (Windows, macOS, Linux) and mobile (iOS and Android) platforms for secure application networking services which we are building for our customers. These client applications will protect customer devices from Internet based threats by steering their traffic to AWS services that integrate security, privacy and compliance-enabled components and features.
You will implement multi-platform client applications with simple, user-friendly and responsive user interfaces (UI) using platform-native libraries or APIs and cross-platform frameworks. You will require strong experience developing GUI applications on desktop and/or mobile platforms and possess a strong understanding of networking, security and operating system concepts.
Candidates with following skills and experience would be more suitable for this role/position:
- Strong experience with developing stable and performant cross-platform applications (implementation, testing and debugging) for desktop and mobile platforms with user-interface, configuration, security and networking features.
- Excellent in programming, with experience developing high-quality code which is simple, easy to use, enhance, test and maintain.
- Strong understanding of operating system concepts/technologies including process and memory management, networking and application/system security (HTTPS/TLS/PKI/DNS/VPN/Proxy)
- Prepare technical analysis and solution documents, and articulate them with stakeholders
Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) service offered by Amazon Web Services. We provide naming and routing services to enable higher level applications built using AWS services. We are building new capabilities to provide secure and reliable connectivity for users and applications, which will enable our customers to create better solutions for their users.
Amazon Route 53 team works on deep, technical problems that span a variety of core topics in computer science ranging from databases to networking to distributed systems to security. We are looking for a software development engineer who will lead the team and who feels strongly not only about building good software but also about running that software in the real world.
In the Amazon Route 53 team we like to “work backwards”: start by understanding what customers need and using that to guide our software engineering. We are looking for a software development engineer who is experienced in listening to customers, synthesizing their needs, and rapidly iterating our services to quickly put features into customers’ hands by collaborating with teams.
Amazon in a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” We offer an inclusive team culture, work / life balance and mentorship and guidance for your career growth.
Inclusive Team Culture - Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Balance - Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth - Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Herndon, VA, USA
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5+ years of programming with at least one software programming language experience
- 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- Experience with developing cross-platform applications for desktop and mobile platforms with UI(front-end)/middleware/networking features
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.