Would you love to work in a highly creative space, diving into big operational supply chain problems? Are you interested in technical challenges at scale, involving a high degree of creative freedom?
ACES (Amazon Customer Excellency System) is seeking a highly talented and motivated Technical Program Manager to join the Quantitative Business Intelligence Tools (QuBIT) team.
This GCF network includes hundreds of warehouses charged with completing and shipping hundreds of millions of packages to customers each year! Every package we ship out is an opportunity for improvement, translating to better prices and service to our customers.
You should be able to make high-velocity decisions that balances short-term strategy with long-term strategy and strike the perfect balance of iterating towards the perfect solution. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and be able to design and implement solutions using these technologies to empower internal customers and scale the existing platforms. This team has a broad scope including all of GCF, allowing creative freedom to explore broad business problems and areas of opportunity needing scalable and fast moving solutions. Application breadth can range from creating a new solution to an old problem, or diving into a space to create new value for our operators in Fulfillment Centers.
You should also be enthusiastic about building deep domain knowledge about Amazon’s business and the fulfillment space. You will work as a liaison between business and technical stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to information systems to optimally support changing business processes and policies.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will create and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but will also roll up your sleeves and contribute directly. A Senior TPM anticipates bottlenecks, uses great judgment to make trade-offs, and balances the business needs with technical constraints. Your ability to understand the big picture of the project design and anticipate and plan dependencies is crucial. Your ability to take large, complex projects, break them into manageable pieces, and deliver timely results is invaluable. You will work with a team of experts and drive the team to successfully accomplish the following activities:
- Drive complex cross-functional engineering trades to optimize performance, mass, cost, and reliability of high performance systems.
- Coordinate the work with teams developing other systems as well as assembly, integration and tests.
- Develop and manage technical requirements and interfaces that tie to system level requirements.
- Identify and manage the conduct of trade studies and analyses necessary to understanding performance and other aspects of the design.
- Manage the development of complex hardware and software development.
- Optimize the velocity of engineering development through the design and application of mechanisms.
- Manage timeline, dependencies, and deliverables.
A day in the life
Benefits Summary: Amazon offers a full range of benefits that support you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
1. Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
2. Maternity and Parental Leave Options
3. Paid Time Off (PTO)
4. 401(k) Plan
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bellevue, WA, USA
- 5+ years of technical product or program management experience
- 7+ years of working directly with engineering teams experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of technical program management working directly with software engineering teams experience
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management experience
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience defining KPI's/SLA's used to drive multi-million dollar businesses and reporting to senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $119,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $231,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.