In the Worldwide Returns, ReCommerce & Sustainability (WW RR&S) group at Amazon, we are dedicated to ‘making zero happen’ – zero cost of returns, zero waste, and zero defects – to benefit our customers, company, and environment. We are an agile and inclusive organization that constantly innovates to create long-term value by investing in our people and our planet, not simply focusing on the bottom line.
WW RR&S includes business, product, operations, data, and software engineering teams, who together manage the lifecycle of returned and damaged products. In WW RR&S, you will partner across these teams to help customers discover great deals on quality used, rentals, and open box items; get the most value out of Amazon’s products; improve the customer returns experience; and reduce defects, waste, and cost in reverse logistics processes. You will be a leader, a builder, and an owner, collaborating cross-functionally with technical, operations, and business teams to design scalable and automated solutions to customer problems.
Amazon is Earth’s most customer-centric company and in WW RR&S, the Earth is our customer too. Come join us and innovate with the Amazon Worldwide Returns, ReCommerce & Sustainability team!
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will be working with product managers, software developers, program managers and operational partners to improve the customer return experience and re-commerce programs. You will champion global Amazon processes, identify improvement opportunities, devise strategies and guide and implement the improvement effort worldwide. You will be a leader, required to collaborate cross-functionally with technical, operations, and business retail teams to design scalable and automated solutions to customer problems.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, maintain a strong attention to detail and work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent Product Management skills with a proven ability to design scalable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills, including the ability to translate large amounts of data into actionable insights
- Participate in internal business performance reviews and business reviews to understand trends, develop action plans, and share business plans and performance
A day in the life
You will work with a team of high performing Product/Program Managers, tech counter part on planning and prioritization of product roadmap. You understand the systems and technologies behind your product, their limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions, and reasons for architectural decisions. You are capable of articulating when a new technology is needed (and when it is not) or discuss the differences between two technology offerings. You proactively mitigate risks and help reduce a product’s exposure to classic failure modes.
About the team
Resolutions Customer Experience (RCX) is team within WW RR&S that is dedicated to improve returns experience for our customers. We provide returns self-service on Amazon website/App for customers to choose from a wide selection of resolutions for any issues with their purchase. We use communication channels like emails, push notifications to keep customers informed of the progress on their return. Through these tools and the returns policies, we aim to delight our customers and increase their confidence in making a purchase decision.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bellevue, WA, USA
- 5+ years of product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience as a product manager or owner
- Experience owning technology products
- Experience in influencing senior leadership through data driven insights
- Experience working across functional teams and senior stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $110,700/year in our lowest geographic market up to $206,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.