Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect to help accelerate customer adoption. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers, architects and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
As a Solutions Architect in the Greenfield team you will work directly with Small and Medium Business customers. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by the opportunity to work backwards from these customers' needs and help them gain competitive edge using AWS. As an experienced technologist and key member of the Account team you will help influence customers' architectural choices across broad use cases involving security, compute, storage networking as well as advanced scenarios involving serverless, analytics, and AI/ML.
As a part of the role, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge with the AWS solution architect community. You will also gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
Key job responsibilities
- Engaging with executive and technical customers to design AWS-based solutions to business problems
- Understand and be able to explain key aspects of AWS services and how they fit into an overall technical architecture
- Guide customers on deploying infrastructure and applications in a secure, resilient, and scalable way
- Coach and mentor junior SAs
A day in the life
You will have the opportunity to work alongside new to cloud customers and deliver welcoming experiences that will shape their cloud journey. Our teams focus on understanding customer key business drivers as well as the existing application architectures to deliver a technical recommendations to customers with a goal of designing a robust cloud architecture that can scale as their business grows.
About the team
The AWS Greenfield team works new to cloud customers who are beginning their journey with AWS. Our goal is to help these customers migrate from legacy solutions and unlock the potential of cloud to help them innovate more quickly in a secure and cost-effective way.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA
- 8+ years of specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics) experience
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting in applications and infrastructures experience
- 10+ years of IT development or implementation/consulting in the software or Internet industries experience
- 5+ years of infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking experience
- Knowledge of SAP systems (like SAP Business Suite, S/4HANA, SAP Business Warehouse, SAP HANA, SAP Business Objects, etc.) and their architecture and infrastructure needs
- Experience working with end user or developer communities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.