The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architect team partners with customers to design and build some of the most scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures and solutions. AWS Solutions Architects collaborate with AWS Sales and other AWS teams to help address customer business challenges and accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
As a trusted customer advocate, Solutions Architects help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and provide advice on strategies for migrating existing workloads to the cloud. You’ll help drive successful business outcomes across a broad set of enterprise customers through your passion for educating, training, designing and building cloud solutions.
You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build deep adoption and broad use of AWS within your enterprise customers, and you will do this by mobilizing resources within AWS and working with our extensive partner network.
Our team is focused on balancing life with our work, and we do this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. While there may be an opportunity to work from an office (location dependent), working remotely is supported, and often times encouraged. Work hours are flexible and typically self-defined.
Mentorship & Career Growth
One of the keys to AWS’s success is its top-tier collaborative culture. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS professionals that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with a talented team of Solutions Architects and managers that will push your technical abilities while you bring new innovations to a widely adopted and fast growing service.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Key job responsibilities
- Partner with the sales team to design solutions for customers, drive AWS adoption and revenue.
- Be an AWS evangelist. Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS.
- Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Conduct deep-dive “hands-on” education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS SA community.
- Author or contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as white papers, tutorials, etc.
- Present sessions at AWS and industry conferences.
- Technical liaison between customers, service engineering & support teams.
- Role requires approximately 25% travel.
A day in the life
You will have the opportunity to work inside our enterprise account team architects to help Enterprise customers accelerate their cloud implementation to modernize their business on AWS. Working with these customers, you will help them transform existing workloads by designing modern target architectures optimized for business agility, innovation, performance, resiliency, cost, security, and more using both native and partner solutions. Our teams focus on understanding customer key business drivers as well as the existing application architecture(s) to deliver a technical recommendation to the customer with a goal of designing a robust cloud architecture that can scale as their business requires.
About the team
The Account Team focuses on Enterprise Commercial HCLS Companies. The Sr. Solutions Architect is a member of a technical team focused on the customer's business objectives and how we can help accelerate their business through the use of native AWS cloud technologies and integrated with our Partners. We are not a quota driven organization. We are a team driven by passionate Customer Obsession, focused on Delivering Results for our customers. The Solutions Architect, teams with assigned Account Managers to evolve and ascertain how our technology can best address the customer’s strategic objectives as a long-term relationship with our customers.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Herndon, VA, USA | Washington Dc, DC, USA
- 8+ years of specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics) experience
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting in applications and infrastructures experience
- 10+ years of IT development or implementation/consulting in the software or Internet industries experience
- 5+ years of infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking experience
- Experience working with end user or developer communities
- Experience in one or more Analytics specialty domains, such Collection, Storage and Data Management, Processing, Analysis and visualization, and/or Security.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.