We are expanding our Global Risk Management & Claims team and insurance program support for Amazon’s growing risk portfolio. This role will partner with our risk managers to develop pricing models, determine rate adequacy, build underwriting and claims dashboards, estimate reserves, and provide other analytical support for financially prudent decision making. As a member of the Global Risk Management team, this role will provide actuarial support for Amazon’s worldwide operation.
Key job responsibilities
● Collaborate with risk management and claims team to identify insurance gaps, propose solutions, and measure impacts insurance brings to the business
● Develop pricing mechanisms for new and existing insurance programs utilizing actuarial skills and training in innovative ways
● Build actuarial forecasts and analyses for businesses under rapid growth, including trend studies, loss distribution analysis, ILF development, and industry benchmarks
● Design actual vs expected and other metrics dashboards to assist decision makings in pricing analysis
● Create processes to monitor loss cost and trends
● Propose and implement loss prevention initiatives with impact on insurance pricing in mind
● Advise underwriting decisions with analysis on driver risk profile
● Support insurance cost budgeting activities
● Collaborate with external vendors and other internal analytics teams to extract insurance insight
● Conduct other ad hoc pricing analyses and risk modeling as needed
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 1+ years of data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab, etc.) experience
- 2+ years of data/research scientist, statistician or quantitative analyst in an internet-based company with complex and big data sources experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of statistical packages and business intelligence tools such as SPSS, SAS, S-PLUS, or R
- Experience with clustered data processing (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, and Hive)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $86,700/year in our lowest geographic market up to $206,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.