At Amazon, we are working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. A customer experience that we are constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfil and deliver customers' orders. We are doing so by building a world class last mile operation capable of exceeding the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
The Hub Delivery product allows local small businesses to partner with Amazon to provide flexible and cost-effective delivery service to delight customers globally. This is an emerging Amazon Logistics (AMZL) delivery channel, and is on an exponential growth trajectory globally.
The Sr. Product Manager will build and drive the roadmap for successful expansion of Hub Delivery WW. As part of this team, you will regularly interact with executive leadership and work with operations and business teams to define product strategy, develop the product development roadmap, technology and execution. You will work in a fast paced environment and will be required to lead not only at the strategic level, but also tactically day-to-day by diving deeply into business and technical domains. You will collaborate with a dedicated engineering team and researchers to solve our most complex problems. As a multi-discipline leader, the buck will stop with you - you will work alongside engineering (dev and test) organization.
The right candidate will possess a strong product management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Sr. PM, you will lead high-impact projects, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Key job responsibilities
- Creating product roadmaps and influencing leadership through self-authored PRFAQs and documents to get them resourced.
- Writing Business Requirement Documents and working with Technology Teams to ensure smooth and on-time execution.
- Managing the creation, maintenance, and prioritization of product development phasing and backlog, including requirement grooming
- Prioritizing key development efforts and timelines with technical resources to ensure short-term and long-term goals are met.
- Ensuring change management, global standardization, application optimization, scalability, and agility are components of the product design and development
- Owning the post-launch maintenance and performance tracking of products launched; creating scorecards related to the product areas owned.
- Ensuring that the product visions are innovative, scale, and are future-proofed to meet both current and future user needs
About the team
The Hub Delivery program is part of Amazon's fast growing and always evolving rural and urban delivery program. We partner with customer obsessed small business owners who then deliver to Amazon customers. Our partners raise the bar for the delivery experience, in some of the most complex last mile scenarios! We are building the Hub Delivery network in North America while planning for global reach!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bellevue, WA, USA | New York, NY, USA
- 5+ years of product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience as a product manager or owner
- Experience owning technology products
- Master's degree in engineering, management, or technology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $136,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $212,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.