Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where our customers can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
In supporting this growth, the Amazon Finance Operations (FinOps) goal is to deliver seamless procure-to-pay, order-to-cash and payroll processes that enable Amazon’s ongoing geographical expansion across the globe. We seek a Customer Obsessed, Results Driven Project and Product Manager to join our global FinOps Program Management Office (PMO).
We’re not an average company and this is definitely not your average Product Management position. You’ll have the opportunity innovate, invent and simplify our global PMO processes. This role will own translating input into feature development and implementation in support of our desire to make high quality decisions with speed and reduce our project cycle time. This is an exciting, hands-on opportunity to join an area that touches every aspect of Amazon’s wide range of businesses globally.
Who are we looking for?
To succeed, you will be able to easily shift between macro and micro lenses and strategic and tactical activities, have a natural analytical way of thinking, diving deep into a problem, technology and process and be able to explain difficult concepts to tech and non-tech users. You will be comfortable being hands on in feature configuration and low-code customization. Additionally, you will have a proven ability to learn quickly, innovate effectively and solve complex problems through technology.
Key job responsibilities
- Hands-On configuration (HTML, CSS and Syntax)
- Identifying data driven solution and system integration opportunities
- Collaborating with internal teams to define the product roadmaps, community user groups, and other program initiatives
- Improving mechanisms and processes, iterating automation and feature releases and measuring impact over time.
- Supporting and executing end-to-end analysis including scoping, design, data collection, data analysis, creation of recommendations and presentation of results to senior leadership
- Building sets of metrics and reports to measure technology and process performance
- Developing and delivering compelling content, wire-frames, sample solutions, blogs, and discussions to help drive awareness and adoption of PPM tooling
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA
- 5+ years of program or project management experience
- Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience as a product manager or owner
- Experience owning technology products
- 5+ years experience in Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool configuration
- 3+ years experience in Project Lifecycle Management
- 3+ years experience in Portfolio & Demand Management
- 2+ years of driving process improvements experience
- Master's degree, or MBA in business, operations, human resources, adult education, organizational development, instructional design or related field
- Experience in configuration and customization of PPM Tooling (e.g., Planview, Clarizen, Clarity, Asana, Smartsheet)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.