Amazon Advertising Impact Team is looking for a Senior Economist to help translate cutting-edge causal inference and machine learning research into production solutions. The individual will have the opportunity to shape the technical and strategic vision of a highly ambiguous problem space, and deliver measurable business impacts via cross-team and cross-functional collaboration.
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business. Our advertising products are strategically important to Amazon’s Retail and Marketplace businesses for driving long-term growth. The mission of the Advertising Impact Team is to make our advertising products the most customer-centric in the world. We specialize in measuring and modeling the short- and long-term customer behavior in relation to advertising, using state of the art econometrics and machine learning techniques. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are constantly advancing our experimentation methodology and infrastructure to accelerate learning and scale impacts. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action.
Key job responsibilities
• Function as a technical leader to shape the strategic vision and the science roadmap of a highly ambiguous problem space
• Develop economic theory and deliver econometrics and machine learning models to optimize advertising strategies on behalf of our customers
• Design, execute, and analyze experiments to verify the efficacy of different scientific solutions in production
• Partner with cross-team technical contributors (scientists, software engineers, product managers) to implement the solution in production
• Write effective business narratives and scientific papers to communicate to both business and technical audience, including the most senior leaders of the company
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- PhD in economics or equivalent
- Experience in analytics and applied economics
- Experience in developing and executing an analytic vision to solve business-relevant problems
- Experience in building statistical models using R, Python, STATA, or a related software
- Experience in industry, consulting, government or academic research
- Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (hundreds of millions/billions of rows) of data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $127,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $247,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.