The Jr Developer Program is a unique employment opportunity that will provide excellent mentoring year-round: part-time during school and full-time during the summer. Students will be immersed in an AbeBooks team and gain real-life software development experience. Upon successful completion of the Jr Developer Program, the opportunity for full-time employment will be available at the AbeBooks corporate site in Victoria, Canada.
Our Internship Program
Our internship program is special in several respects:
- We offer work year-round, 17.5 hrs/week while in school and full-time during breaks. Working schedules are re-arranged each quarter to accommodate class schedules.
- We offer excellent mentoring. Our full-time software developers are willing and able to mentor exceptional student developers.
- We give our interns responsibilities and roles which will prepare them to enter the workforce after graduation with “real world” software programming experience.
The students who participate in our program routinely say that the real reason they’re here is for the valuable learning experience, especially because of the uniform excellence of the team they work with, the mentoring offered by experienced developers, and the challenge of being a principal contributor to software products. They say it’s like taking an additional practicum course that complements their university experience.
AbeBooks’ mission is “to help people find and buy any book from any bookseller”. As a part of this mission we work daily to help customers discover our marketplace and the millions of books available from thousands of booksellers. This is challenging and equally rewarding for a truly global marketplace for rare and collectable books. We feel proud to provide a seamless experience to buyers from over 200 countries purchasing products from sellers representing over 60 countries. Our sites get millions of page views every day, and we promote millions of books across several marketing channels. We like to think we know what we’re doing, and we’re always keen on learning and improving. Instead of focusing in a narrow slice of technology or business function, AbeBooks is an end to end marketplace with opportunities for you across that entire surface area.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Victoria, BC, CAN
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's program in Computer Science or related STEM discipline
- Graduation date in June 2025 or later
- Must live within a commutable distance of our office located in Victoria, BC.
- Ability to work an average 16 hour workweek during school session and 40 hour workweek during summer or co-op terms
- Java or other object oriented programming language
- Solid knowledge of Java
- Advanced programming classes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.