Amazon is continuing to invest in its Advertising business to tap into the growing online advertising market. The Publisher Technologies team builds and operates extensible services that empower 1P Publishers to improve the monetization of their customer experiences, along with the experiences themselves. We bias toward standards-based and flexible designs that allow Publishers the ability to invent on top of our solutions and to interoperate well with other advertising technology providers; both internal and external.
The Publisher Technology Data, Insights, and Analytics team enables faster data-driven decision making for Publishers and Monetization teams by providing them with near real time data, data management tools, actionable insights, and an easy-to-use reporting experience. Our data products provide Publishers and Monetization teams with the capabilities necessary to better understand the performance of their Advertising products along with supporting machine learning at scale.
In this role, you will join a team whose data products and services empower hundreds of teams across Amazon with near real time data to support big data analytics, insights, and machine learning at scale. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement advanced data tools, predictive models, and machine learning algorithms to support Advertising strategies and optimize revenue streams. You will analyze large-scale data to identify patterns and trends, and design and run A/B experiments to improve Publisher and advertiser experiences.
Key job responsibilities
- Design and lead large projects and experiments from beginning to end, and drive solutions to complex or ambiguous problems
- Create tools and solve challenges using statistical modeling, machine learning, optimization, and/or other approaches for quantifiable impact on the business
- Use broad expertise to recommend the right strategies, methodologies, and best practices, teaching and mentoring others
- Key influencer of your team’s business strategy and of related teams’ strategies
- Communication and documentation of methodologies, insights, and recommendations for senior leaders with various levels of technical knowledge
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab, etc.) experience
- 4+ years of data scientist experience
- Prior experience in advertising or digital marketing, with an understanding of programmatic advertising and the digital advertising ecosystem
- 2+ years of data visualization using AWS QuickSight, Tableau, R Shiny, etc. experience
- Experience as a leader and mentor on a data science team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $127,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $247,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.