Are you excited about developing generative AI and foundation models to revolutionize automation, robotics and computer vision? Are you looking for opportunities to build and deploy them on real problems at truly vast scale? At Amazon Fulfillment Technologies and Robotics we are on a mission to build high-performance autonomous systems that perceive and act to further improve our world-class customer experience - at Amazon scale. We are looking for scientists, engineers and program managers for a variety of roles.
The Amazon Robotics software team is seeking a Applied Scientist to focus on large vision and manipulation machine learning models. This includes building multi-viewpoint and time-series computer vision systems. It includes using machine learning to drive hardware movement. It includes building large-scale models using data from many different tasks and scenes. This work spans from basic research such as cross domain training, to experimenting on prototype in the lab, to running wide-scale A/B tests on robots in our facilities.
Key job responsibilities
* Research vision - Where should we be focusing our efforts
* Research delivery – Proving/dis-proving strategies in offline data or in the lab
* Production studies - Insights from production data or ad-hoc experimentation.
About the team
This team invents and runs robots focused on grasping and packing items. These are typically 6-dof style robotic arms. Our work ranges from the long-term-research on basic science to deploying/supporting large production fleets handling billions of items per year.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | North Reading, MA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of building models for business application experience
- PhD, or Master's degree and 4+ years of CS, CE, ML or related field experience
- Experience in patents or publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Experience in any of the following areas: algorithms and data structures, parsing, numerical optimization, data mining, parallel and distributed computing, high-performance computing
- Experience developing and implementing deep learning algorithms, particularly with respect to computer vision algorithms
- Experience with modeling tools such as R, scikit-learn, Spark MLLib, MxNet, Tensorflow, numpy, scipy etc.
- Experience with large scale machine learning systems such as profiling and debugging and understanding of system performance and scalability
- Experience with large scale models including multi-machine model training and evaluation, training efficiency analysis, and distilling models for production deployment
- Experience with cross-domain/multi-task model training including datasets from diverse sources, balancing many axes of measurement in evaluation, and deploying to multiple products.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $136,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $222,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.