As a Principal Product Manager for Systems Manager, this is your opportunity to innovate and define the future for cloud operations.
AWS Systems Manager is the operations hub for AWS. It has IT Service Management capabilities such as incident and change management, as well as ability to manage EC2 and hybrid instances. Many large customers and partners use Systems Manager to securely manage at scale. Systems Manager manages over 20 million concurrent instances at any point in time and is seeing significant growth and adoption.
The primary responsibility of the Principal Product Manager - Technical (Principal PMT-ES) role is to own and drive multiple areas of the product. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the best outcomes for customer experience(CX), and adoption.
This role interacts with and influences senior leadership within AWS. To be successful in this role, you should have meaningful product management experience leading enterprise products and a technical background. Lastly, you should be driven by data, be able to communicate crisply in writing and verbally to customers, across organizations, and up to senior leadership.
If you are interested in driving the strategy and vision for cloud operations for the most demanding customers, we should talk!
Key job responsibilities
- Drive the development of the strategy, roadmap, and business plan
- Be a passionate advocate for the customer; understand and articulate customer needs, leverage internal knowledge and expertise and external market research, and prioritize requirements
- Inspire the team with the product vision, and work cross-functionally to bring that vision to life
- Write requirements documents, help define use cases and CX, and own the business metrics and KPIs for your products and services
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
A day in the life
You will be working backwards from customer to define the vision for your product area and author product requirements. You will work closely with engineering leaders and stakeholders within AWS to realize your vision. You will launch new products and capabilities and evangelize with customers and partners.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 7+ years of working as a Technical Product Manager experience
- Experience delivering large-scale SaaS, PaaS or LaaS products where you are responsible for the full product lifecycle, from concept through GTM (go to market)
- Bachelors in Science or equivalent degree
- MBA or equivalent educational degree.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $144,900/year in our lowest geographic market up to $281,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.