Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support
Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation?
Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance
Technology (FinTech) is for you!
FinTech is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for Amazon. We own technology products responsible for handling billions of dollars worth of transactions in multiple currencies that support Amazon Finance and Accounting worldwide. This is your chance to make history by developing world class enterprise products for cutting edge financial technology.
As part of overall Amazon compliance and controllership strategy, FinTech is working to deliver a next generation GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) product with self-service content and workflow management, reporting and analytics capabilities that will enable teams across Amazon to meet their security, compliance and risk management needs.
We are seeking an experienced, results-oriented Principal Product Manager Tech (PMT) to deliver an enterprise product that is trust worthy, intuitive to use and unlocks valuable insights for teams across Amazon. You will be responsible for developing strategy, defining product requirements, and influencing stakeholders, partner teams and engineering required to deliver an impactful product successfully in production.
The ideal candidate for this role will have business and product sense combined with a solid understanding of compliance, risk management and technical concepts. You will need to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment without being hindered by ambiguity. High judgment, ability to influence, analytical talent, exceptional communications, the ability to partner with technical and non-technical stakeholders and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Key job responsibilities
- Define vision and strategy for an enterprise product(s)
- Own the end-to-end product management lifecycle including managing the product roadmap and the adoption strategy
- In collaboration with engineering, provide thought leadership of product design recognizing when the technology choices limit performance, scale, extensibility, and/or our ability innovate in the future.
- Work with engineering, research, UX, technical program managers and stakeholders to deliver an impactful product
- Collaborate with Amazon partner tech teams to source the data.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Jersey City, NJ, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 8+ years of product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience technical product management
- Experience working directly with Engineers on product enhancements
- Experience in project management methodologies, business analysis, or process improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $144,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $279,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.