We’re seeking a thought leader to direct Generative AI and machine learning initiatives aimed at scaling Amazon ecommerce business.
This person will also be a deep learning practitioner/thinker and guide the research in these areas. They’ll also have the ability to drive cutting edge, product oriented research and should have a notable publication record.
This intellectual thought leader will help enhance the science in addition to developing the thinking of our team. This leader will direct and shape the science philosophy, planning and strategy for the team, as we explore multi-modal, multi lingual use cases through the use of Generative AI.
Joining this team, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon [Earth's most customer-centric internet company].
About the team
The Applied AI team uses advanced ML and Generative AI techniques to help scale the inputs for our large e-commerce business. Scaling in the past was limited by roles that could be done manually, in a timely manner.
This is a new focus for our business, and the opportunity is huge!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bellevue, WA, USA
• Advanced degree (e.g., M.S. or PhD) in computer science, statistics, engineering, mathematics or related discipline.
• Experienced leader of leaders, with 10+ years of experience managing multiple science and/or engineering teams.
• 10+ years of experience building and applying ML models to solve complex problems for large-scale applications and staying current with the latest science e.g. deep Learning models and Generative AI.
• Experience with leadership of experienced scientists as well as a record of developing junior scientists for a career track in a business environment.
• Familiar with one or more programming languages.
• Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all stakeholders directly.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams and business audiences.
• Experience implementing algorithms, tailored to business needs and tested on large data sets.
• Strong research track record.
• Experience with a broad range of ML systems such as personalized recommendations, forecasting and developing generative AI solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $262,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $350,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.