At Amazon, we are excited to offer graduate students the opportunity to launch into big careers with limitless possibilities. We know searching for an internship is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. We look forward to meeting you and your classmates this year. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
• Learn more about our businesses by reviewing Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, Letter to Shareholders, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year.
• Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans.
• Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as where we operate around the world.
Senior Product Manager (PM):
PMs are responsible for defining and supporting the building of desirable, feasible, viable, and sustainable products that meet customer needs over the product-market lifecycle. To do this, they collaborate with a wide range of people to identify and define customer needs, understand the Solution Context, and develop the Program Vision, Roadmap, and Features required to meet these needs.
PMs work cross-functionally to drive ideas from conception to execution, develop business models and marketing plans, define and analyze success metrics, manage strategic projects, and own the product end-to-end. PMs ultimately become general managers responsible for running large business segments and organizations.
Examples of organizations where PMs may work include (but aren’t limited to): North America Consumer (such as Retail Systems, Customer and Brand Protection, Marketplace Sales, International Retail, Hardlines, and Softlines), Prime and Delivery Experience, Logistics & Transportation, and more!
Key job responsibilities
- Developing and executing scalable business plans and product requirements – being a business owner.
- Driving cross-functional projects to completion.
- Developing strategies based on data analysis.
- Communicating effectively with senior management.
- Maintaining an intense customer-focus.
- Balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution.
- Working cross functionally with teams throughout the company.
About the team
- Most roles for this position will be located at Amazon’s company headquarters in Seattle, WA or Arlington, VA. Successful applicants will be expected to relocate to their team location upon starting at Amazon.
- Role and team placement are based on business needs and as Amazon continues to grow and flex, we are looking for candidates who want to own, build and impact the customer experience rather than are tied to a specific role or team.
- Internship start dates will be between May- June 2024 for a 12-week, consecutive internship.
- For more information, please visit https://amazonmbarecruiting.splashthat.com
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Currently enrolled in MBA or equivalent master’s level program at the time of application with anticipated graduation dates between December 1, 2024 and September 30, 2025.
- 3+ years of full-time industry work experience, which occurred between graduation from your undergraduate program and prior to starting your MBA or master’s program, OR 3+ years of military work experience prior to starting your MBA or master’s program.
- A strong background in product management and/or consulting is preferred.
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into metrics, have an innate desire to understand key drivers and whether they are the correct or best metrics to measure/manage a business or process.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation.
- Ability to have difficult conversations in a way that leaves everyone still working well together.
- Have a desire to participate in change and appreciate a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $65.38/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $102.21/hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.