Embrace the challenge and accelerate your growth with Amazon’s International Public Policy team. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers. The International Public Policy team works with a wide range of national, local, and supranational policymakers, industry organizations, NGOs and academia across regulatory and policy issues, spanning the consumer and commercial environment, including but not limited to digital policy, consumer policy, economic policy, privacy, intellectual property, logistics and tax policy.
We are looking for a Principal Economist to kick start our Economics-Policy team in Europe and who is able to shape the regulatory debate inside and outside of Amazon. They will produce and direct teams of researchers to produce robust, objective research results and insights which can be communicated to a broad audience inside and outside of Amazon.
They will work in close coordination with public policy teams across Europe to engage with policymakers, regulators, and relevant industry organizations to advance Amazon’s policy priorities in these areas. The position will also work collaboratively with senior business leadership, legal, and PR to ensure alignment on the advocacy agenda and priorities for Amazon’s engagement.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
• PhD in economics, statistics, quantitative marketing, or related field
• 8+ years of post-PhD experience conducting policy relevant research and engaging with policy makers
• High levels of expertise applying policy evaluation techniques with demonstrated impact
• Ability to distil and communicate scientific insights to senior business leaders, public policy, legal and PR teams, and non-technical audiences outside Amazon
• Confirmed track record of academic publications
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team of economists and data scientists to deliver high quality research results
• Experience working with public policy stakeholders, as well as experience managing multiple policy issues
• Strong professional reputation and network within established policy circles
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).