Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
Product Marketing is responsible for developing crisp, highly differentiated, and compelling positioning and messaging for AWS and its services. We tell AWS’s most important and interesting stories to educate customers about what is possible when you build on AWS.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager for our Next Generation Developer Tools, you will have the opportunity to define and drive the marketing and go-to-market strategy for current and future, cutting-edge, next-generation developer services including generative AI technologies that are aimed at increasing developer productivity, accelerating modern software development and release processes, and removing developer friction. You will be driving launch activities, creating compelling content to help customers understand the use cases and value propositions, and building the right marketing programs to drive awareness, customer engagement, service adoption, and retention. You will also work with the engineering teams to shape the product vision and prioritize features. You will get to work on this strategic and rapidly growing business and have a big impact every day.
Desired candidates have demonstrated work experience in product or technical marketing, owning top-down and bottoms-up (product-led) growth strategies targeting developers and technical decision makers.
This role can sit in Seattle, WA, or SFO/Bay Area/San Jose, CA. Relocation assistance offered from within the US only.
Key job responsibilities
* Drive customer facing and sales facing messaging and positioning
* Work at both the strategic and tactical level. Define, own and execute service launch plan and content plan; execute top down and bottom-up (product-led) developer growth strategies
* Craft and execute campaigns and leverage organic channels to reach our customers and help grow their understanding and usage of AWS Developer Tools services
* Test and refine new marketing approaches and channels to reach and engage key audiences
* Develop detailed campaign project plans, creative briefs, and digital strategies, including campaign goals, messaging, calls to action, segmentation strategy, adoption campaigns, marketing distribution channels, and campaign schedule
* Define business metrics, measurement plan, and testing plan for related campaigns
* Work effectively across AWS with groups such as engineering, digital marketing, sales, business development, and evangelists to achieve our joint business goals
About the team
AWS Sales, Marketing, and Global Services (SMGS) is responsible for driving revenue, adoption, and growth from the
largest and fastest growing small- and mid-market accounts to enterprise-level customers including public sector. The
AWS Global Support team interacts with leading companies and believes that world-class support is critical to customer
success. AWS Support also partners with a global list of customers that are building mission-critical applications on top
of AWS services.
Amazon values diverse experiences. Even if you do not meet all of the preferred qualifications and skills listed in the job
description, we encourage candidates to apply. If your career is just starting, hasn’t followed a traditional path, or
includes alternative experiences, don’t let it stop you from applying.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. We pioneered
cloud computing and never stopped innovating — that’s why customers from the most successful startups to Global 500
companies trust our robust
We value work-life harmony. Achieving success at work should never come at the expense of sacrifices at home, which is
why flexible work hours and arrangements are part of our culture. When we feel supported in the workplace and at
home, there’s nothing we can’t achieve in the cloud.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, it’s in our nature to learn and be curious. Our employee-led affinity groups foster a culture of inclusion
that empower us to be proud of our differences. Ongoing events and learning experiences, including our Conversations
on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences, inspire us to never stop embracing our
Mentorship and Career Growth
We’re continuously raising our performance bar as we strive to become Earth’s Best Employer. That’s why you’ll find
endless knowledge-sharing, mentorship and other career-advancing resources here to help you develop into a better-
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
San Francisco, CA, USA | Santa Clara, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 7+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience leading go-to-market for consumer software or hardware product launches
- Experience using any of SQL or other analytical tools for conducting data analysis
- Experience with customer segmentation, profiling, and targeting
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $114,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $212,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.