Our RF Engineering team is looking for a Survey Automation Engineer with a passion for wireless technology and mobile solutions. We are looking for someone to join the growing team that is responsible for supporting one of the largest and most rapidly growing 802.11 networks in the world. This position will support our wireless installations in new and existing buildings and involves a discarding how a traditional RF Survey is performed and paving the way toward new ways of achieving old requirements through automated methods. When you aren’t reimagining RF survey, you will work with the Wireless Org. to improve our products performance and availability.
Key job responsibilities
-Troubleshoot RF interference issues.
Troubleshoot wireless networking, and inter-connectivity issues, including of device and low level interaction.
-Work closely with Operations and other Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
-Schedule and travel to sites and perform manual RF Survey confirm that newly created automation is effective.
-Document and publish survey results, work diligently with local IT teams to remediate any defects.
-Be a part of Global support organization that provides 24x7 escalation (3-7 work weeks a year per engineer) in a rotation follows the sun. This means the on-call time is close to normal business hours. Some night and weekend support may be required.
-Drive wireless design and installation standards across the business and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
-Create and review documentation and processes, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material and training for new products.
-Develop and maintain change templates.
A day in the life
Amazon offers a full range of benefits that support you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment.
The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Maternity and Parental Leave Options
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) Plan
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you!
At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
About the team
Our RF Engineering team has a broad scope supporting multiple business globally, from the smallest delivery stations in emerging markets to the most advanced automated fulfillment centers in North America, Japan, India and Europe. As a result, this group enjoys a variety of both day-to-day and long-term strategic projects. This is a unique opportunity that will enable you to grow your skills as an engineer and have a lasting impact on Amazon’s fulfillment networks for years to come.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Bellevue, WA, USA | Nashville, TN, USA
- 4+ years of major internet routing protocols experience
- 4+ years of working in a Linux/Unix environment experience
- Master’s Degree in a technology-related field, or 5+ years practical relevant experience in large-scale Wireless networking operations and engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of wireless networking technologies (802.11 & RF)
- Deep understanding of IP network fundamentals and packet capture analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Comfortable working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Software development experience is highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Availability to support follow-the-sun shifts and on-call, including weekends/Public holidays.
- 4+ years of experience designing, deploying, configuring and operating medium to large scale wireless networks
- Knowledge of at least one vendor’s Wireless hardware - Access Points, Wireless Controllers and Wireless client Bridge •
- Deep understanding of IEEE 802.11 standards including .11n and .11ac •
- Deep understanding of wireless security - 802.1x, RADIUS, WPA2, EAP-TLS, PSK, general PKI concepts •
- Experience with RF Site Survey, Planning and Optimization
- Experience in automating network administration using Python or similar languages •
- Understanding of other networking concepts (TCP/IP, Routing and LAN switching)
- 1+ years of automation scripting using Python, Bash, Shell and/or Perl experience
- Experience designing high-density AP and client deployments
- Expert knowledge of IP networking technologies and concepts, including routing and switching
- Expert knowledge of Cisco/Mist solutions in large scale global deployments
- Mastery automating in Python , Perl, or other languages.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD, Air magnet or other site survey software.
- CCIE, CWNE, or equivalent certifications.
- other possibles
- 802.11ax (wifi-6) knowledge
- PPSK / Mesh networking / Private LTE/CBRS, Outdoor wireless experience
- AWS networking and routing fundamentals
- Ability to influence and collaborate with other teams
- Experience working with vendors and prioritization of roadmaps/long term deliverables
- Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM methodologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $113,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $212,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.