The AWS Data Center Localization team is looking for an experienced Localization Program Manager (PM) to drive multi-lingual localization projects to support AWS data centers globally. Content for our team includes online trainings, standard operating procedures, policies, and legal documents. You own day-to-day management of localization projects with a focus on internal workforce training. You will work with vendors and customers to improve processes and adopt automated tools for scale in this growing organization.
To be successful in this position, you will be required to manage complex localization processes, and work with a variety of stakeholders, including instructional designers, training specialists, regional/global program managers, localization engineers, software development engineers (SDEs), global customers, and language-service providers. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge in the latest localization technologies, CAT tools and machine translation, language quality assessment, process improvement, and terminology.
Inclusive Team Culture:
We are a fun and diverse team with members in several different countries. We are committed to fostering our culture of inclusion. All of our team members help each other grow professionally and personally. We seek diverse perspectives, ideas, and innovative solutions for our customers.
Key job responsibilities
- This role is a hybrid role taking care of both Localization operation and Process improvement/technology adaptation.
- The Localization Program Manager will interact with content creators, customers including global process owners and Operations, vendors, Learning tech team and ATMS tech team.
- This position is aimed to expand our competency horizon with some technical skills for process improvement and technology adoption.
- Localization experience is important, however the skill we prioritize the most is computer science skills with consistent records on applying technology to improve customer experience or/and process improvement.
- Help identify areas for improvement in our tools, drive and adopt automated solutions.
- Manage multiple projects by configuring appropriate priorities.
- Evangelize internationalization and localization best practices.
- Manage localization projects end-to-end, owning all scoping, planning, and execution.
- Support global expansion of AWS data center business by implementing scalable localization solutions.
- You deliver high-quality work with autonomy and discretion. You own the project management from start to finish.
- You are able to work independently and with your team to deliver successfully.
- Your work is consistently of a high quality and incorporates best practices. Your team trusts your work.
- Your technical knowledge of Amazon’s business and relevant technologies has significantly increased in breadth and depth since you started as a Localization Program Manager, and you’ve become more effective at applying it. Your new knowledge has benefited the team.
- You participate in the scoping and planning process of medium to large scale projects.
- You own the communication of project status. You regularly impart clear and concise summaries for the projects you own to more senior stakeholders and your leadership, and are effective in answering questions in detail.
- You improve processes that accelerate innovation, reduce costs, and/or improve quality.
- You have good working relationships with relevant team members across your organization (PMs, managers, peers). You recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
- You are influencing the localization decisions being taken by your team and by your stakeholder teams, e.g., legal, marketing, operations, site merchandizing, etc.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- 3+ years of program or project management experience
- Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 3+ years of experience working in Localization Industry
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- PMP certificate
- 3+ years of Tableau or equivalent tools experience
- Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation or standardization
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Experience identifying and resolving complex issues
- Experience in leading large, cross functional projects