As a Senior Software Development Engineer (Senior SDE), you’ll be part of a small group of diverse peers that make the Amazon magic happen. With ownership of existing software and building new products, you will coordinate the design and implementation of large scale efforts from the technical perspective.Scale at Amazon is, well, really big. There are few companies out there building at our scale and complexity, and even fewer in Europe.
You’ll not only code, but also drive the direction of the software architecture, and team practices. Our Senior SDEs enjoy a great deal of autonomy and are looked up to as technical advisor. In addition to owning the architecture of a larger product, you will guide code reviews, mentor engineers, and drive important technical choices.
Opportunities are available in our European Tech Hubs: Madrid, Barcelona, Luxembourg, Dublin and Berlin.
Check out this link for more information the Amazon Stores teams based in Europe: https://amazon.jobs/content/en/teams/international-stores/amazon-stores-tech-emea
Key job responsibilities
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer, you will be:
· solving problems that center around scale, across all realms and over hundreds of millions of customers;
· owning the software architecture and technical designs;
· writing high quality, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews;
· providing technical leadership and expertise;
· partnering with other teams such as Applied science;
· mentoring new members as we continue to add to our footprint and scope
A day in the life
Together with the rest of the engineers you will be responsible for delivering production-ready code that will be used by hundreds of millions of Amazon customers, and you will own end-to-end the customer experience of the services and features that you build. As a Sr. software development engineer, you will have a significant impact on the way customers, including friends and family, experience Amazon daily.
About the team
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer 13
employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters. Some examples include the Amazon Women in Engineering
(AWE), People with Disabilities (PwD) and Mental Health and Well-Being (MHW) at Amazon. We host frequent learning
experiences to ensure DEI is consistently treated as a priority.
We actively recruit people from diverse backgrounds to build a supportive and inclusive workplace, and take steps to
ensure employees have a sense of belonging, value, and opportunity. Our team is dedicated to supporting you with
mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are
building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
The perks of being an Amazon employee don't stop at collaborating with great people on exciting and innovative
projects. Amazon’s benefits support the needs of our diverse workforce and their family members, no matter what
stage they’re at in their life or career. For more details about benefits, check here
Thank you for considering joining Amazon. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
Our recruitment team will partner with you to create a meaningful recruitment experience throughout your journey
with us. If you have a disability or medical condition and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process,
including support for the interview or onboarding process, please inform your recruiter
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Barcelona, B, ESP | Madrid, M, ESP
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- Experience leading the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 8+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience in development in the last 3 years
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.