Come and build the future with us. Our mission is to keep AWS customers safe and secure by helping them detect and remediate vulnerabilities at never before seen scale.
Key job responsibilities
Amazon Inspector helps AWS customers improve their security posture by continuously monitoring their cloud infrastructure and associated workloads against vulnerabilities and exposures. When it comes to security, time is of the essence. Our goal is to help our customers quickly discover and remediate vulnerabilities that poses the greatest risk to their organization.
We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance. Security Services are crucial for long-term success of AWS and it is the future of AWS. We are rapidly expanding our team to meet our fast growing needs.
A day in the life
As a senior software engineer on the team you will:
* Work with other senior leaders on the team to build the technical strategy & architecture for a broad area
* Design & develop world-class software and services
* Mentor & grow engineers across the team, leading by example and insisting on high standards
* Develop tools & processes to enable best-in-class operations for our service
This opportunity is suited for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving a new customer features to improve their security posture. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
About the team
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Herndon, VA, USA
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5+ years of programming with at least one software programming language experience
- 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.