Finance teams are the strategy drivers to any organization. This role gives you the opportunity to see how we make business decisions as you gather insights to shape our future. By being involved in performance metrics, data analysis and financial models, you’ll identify where we can drive better efficiency and productivity.
How often can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon, you’ll say it often. Join us and define tomorrow’s innovations in Finance.
Key job responsibilities
• Involved in the preparation of month-end closing activities, and be responsible for the maintenance and further development of management reporting.
• Track performance metrics, analyse data and build financial models to identify better ways to drive efficiency and productivity.
• Contribute to cost-effectiveness and variance analyses, and work on specific and cross-divisional issues to help our business deliver the best to our customers.
• Build trusted partnerships with the business to influence tactical and strategic business decisions that promote business improvements and cost reductions.
A day in the life
Your paid 3/6-month internship includes:
• Hybrid, flexible working: we believe in striking the right balance between your personal and professional life.
• Mentorship: we care about your career aspirations and strive to assign projects based on your interests. You can learn and be curious with access to unlimited virtual trainings on project management, personal brand, communication skills and many more.
• Extra perks for Amazonians such as: exclusive Amazon.de discount; Deutschlandticket (Transportation Ticket); bike rental; gym membership discount; Beta testing on new Amazon products; and free mental health, legal, and financial support for you and your family.
• Get involved: we have with over 13 Amazon Affinity Groups you can join and become an ally to a cause close to your heart (sustainability, diversity, LGBTQ+, mental and/or physical disabilities, local community initiatives, etc.)
• Taking ownership of your career: because when you succeed, we all win. A successful internship, could lead to a full-time (graduate role) after finishing your university studies.
About the team
Finance is all about the numbers, unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers, plus so much more. Enthusiasm, energy and diverse perspectives help us deliver new ideas and solutions.
We help others understand finance and are trusted advisors for every facet of data and communication to ensure our leaders have the most up-to-date and reliable information in order to make the best decisions. The challenges we take on span multiple industries and functions across our many businesses and acquisitions, all powered by the same mission—to be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Munich, BY, DEU
• Available to commence an internship between January and December 2024. Yes, our start dates are flexible! You should then be available between 3 and up to 6 months, full time (40h/week). Internship length is subject to availability.
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, with an anticipated graduation date after the completion of your internship.
• Fluent written and verbal communication in English (Level - C1 or higher).
• You will be based in Munich for the duration of the internship. A relocation package may be offered, subject to an eligibility criterion.
• Studies within Finance, Business, Marketing, Economics, Engineering or similar fields.
• Fluent written and verbal communication in German (Level – B2 or higher). A completion of a virtual German language test may be required to assess your German level. Applications with German (Level – B1 or lower) will be also considered.
Every day will be filled with developing new skills and achieving personal growth. Interested?
Submitting your application takes less than 10 minutes and cover letters are not required. You will just need to attach your CV and answer a questionnaire.
Selected candidates will be invited to an online assessment. If successful, you’ll attend to two rounds of virtual interviews, which take place on the same day. Interviews consist of behavioural questions and a case study, focusing on our Leadership Principles. The entire recruitment process typically takes 3 to 4 weeks. Do note that the selection process and timelines are subject to change, and vary with role and location.
EU Student Programs Teams
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.