We’re on the lookout for the curious, those who think big and want to define the world of tomorrow. At Amazon, you will grow into the high impact, visionary person you know you’re ready to be. Every day will be filled with exciting new challenges, developing new skills, and achieving personal growth.
How often can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon you’ll say it often. Join us and define tomorrow.
The Amazon EU Student Programs Team is looking for ambitious students to join us at the heart of our core consumer business. As a Business Analyst working student you will join one of our business intelligence, retail or seller services teams. The role provides an opportunity to understand Amazon business and processes, enhance analytical skills, and make significant business impact.
Key job responsibilities
• Working with operational, finance, retail and technical teams across the organization to identify opportunities, develop sound business cases and drive measurements of actions to continuously improve on the inputs and ultimately the outputs of the business.
• Working with large volumes and big data, in a highly complex business.
• Working with business intelligence tools, accessing and working with big data from multiple sources, and partnering with the business to identify strategic opportunities and deliver results.
A day in the life
Your paid 6/12-month Working Student contract includes:
• Hybrid, flexible working: we believe in striking the right balance between your personal and professional life.
• Mentorship: we care about your career aspirations and strive to assign projects based on your interests. You can learn and be curious with access to unlimited virtual trainings on project management, personal brand, communication skills and many more.
• Extra perks for Amazonians such as: exclusive Amazon.de discount; Deutschlandticket (Transportation Ticket); bike rental; gym membership discount; Beta testing on new Amazon products; and free mental health, legal, and financial support for you and your family.
• Get involved: we have with over 13 Amazon Affinity Groups you can join and become an ally to a cause close to your heart (sustainability, diversity, LGBTQ+, mental and/or physical disabilities, local community initiatives, etc.)
• Taking ownership of your career: because when you succeed, we all win. A successful internship, could lead to a full-time (graduate role) after finishing your university studies.
About the team
At Amazon Retail, we help improve the selection and shopping experience and offer customers around the world exciting products and deals. As a Business Analyst working student, you will be part of one of our product categories which go from books to fashion, electronics to grocery, movies and music to toys and health & beauty, and everything in between.
From a garage-based start-up in 1995 to a top global brand today, Amazon has evolved and made its way into our lives. Amazon Retail is at the heart of that journey. Join us and become part of it
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Munich, BY, DEU
• Available to commence your Working Student role between January and December 2024. Yes, our start dates are flexible! You should then be available between 6 and up to 12 months (10 up to 20h/week). Working Student length is subject to availability.
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, with an anticipated graduation date after the completion of your internship.
• Fluent written and verbal communication in English (Level - C1 or higher).
• Experience with SQL, ETL or Python.
• Studies within Business, Marketing, Economics, Engineering, Business Analytics, Mathematics or similar fields.
• Experience using databases with a large-scale data set.
• Advanced Excel.
• Fluent written and verbal communication in German (Level – B2 or higher). A completion of a virtual German language test may be required to assess your German level. Applications with German (Level – B1 or lower) will be also considered.
Every day will be filled with developing new skills and achieving personal growth. Interested?
Submitting your application takes less than 10 minutes and cover letters are not required. You will just need to attach your CV and answer a questionnaire.
Selected candidates will be invited to an online assessment. If successful, you’ll attend to two rounds of virtual interviews, which take place on the same day. Interviews consist of behavioural questions and a case study, focusing on our Leadership Principles. The entire recruitment process typically takes 3 to 4 weeks. Do note that the selection process and timelines are subject to change, and vary with role and location.
EU Student Programs Teams
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.