Come play with us! Amazon Games is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our live operations team in bringing games to market and developing and growing business opportunities for Amazon. As the Games Product Manager for a new IP, you will lead development of exciting features in the product roadmap, drive key business metrics, and develop requirements for innovation that align with our business strategy.
In this role, you will draw on your experiences managing complex businesses, solving technical challenges, and influencing key partner teams to drive initiatives to completion. You will be appreciated for your desire to quickly formulate plans supported by data that you can then execute across many work functions simultaneously. You will collaborate with peers who are customer centric, resourceful, and team oriented; if you enjoy an inclusive communication style, are comfortable thinking big about ambiguous problem sets (while paying careful attention to detail), and appreciate a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you are empowered to take ownership and deliver results, this role may be an ideal fit for you.
Key job responsibilities
- Assist development teams with strategy, design, and execution of live-operations game content to include monetization, engagement, and retention systems
- Execute the building of live operations content
- Design and execute live-testing
- Use data to drive actionable insights pre and post release
About the team
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Irvine, CA, USA | San Diego, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 5+ years of Games Industry (supporting title Development, Release, or Live Ops) experience
- 4+ years live game product management
- 2+ major game titles released or managed ($25m+ revenue)
- 50+ live content releases
- 2+ years of game experience working with game design, core loops and monetization vectors
- 2+ years of game experience working in analytic and economic analysis
- Ability to collaborate with and effectively influence across multiple countries, cultures, and time zones
- Experience working on multiple game platforms (PC, Mobile, Console)
- Clear, concise, accurate communication (both verbal and written) with audiences of varying technical abilities and business contexts
- Effective negotiator, make smart trade-offs (e.g., time vs. effort vs. features), and drive appropriate schedules
- Enthusiastic gamer with an emphasis on user generated content games and communities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $304,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.