Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most profitable businesses, responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products.
Passionate about Causal Inference and Big Data Systems? Interested in building new state-of-the-art measurement products at petabyte scale? Be part of a team of industry leading experts that operates one of the largest analytics and data science ecosystems at Amazon. Amazon is leveraging its highly unique data and applying the latest machine learning and big data technologies available to change the way marketers optimize their advertising spend. Our campaign measurement and reporting systems apply these technologies on terabytes of data a day (over 50B new events per day). In this role, you will be one of the key Economists tackling some of the hardest problems in advertising; measuring ads incrementality, providing estimated counterfactuals and predicting the success of advertising strategies. You will develop state of the art causal learning, deep learning, and predictive techniques to help marketers understand and optimize their spend.
As an Economist on this team, you will:
- Leverage ML models to build economic models that help customers leverage Amazon’s Advertising solutions most effectively.
- Improve our understanding of the advertisers on Amazon through the use of an opt-in Shopper Panel.
- Work with Economists, Applied Scientists, Data Scientists to develop and guide roadmaps.
- Design and analyze experiments (A/B testing etc.) to evaluate different strategies
- Use large datasets or experiments to make causal inferences or predictions
- Work with engineers to automate science analysis processes and build scalable measurement solutions
- Review and audit modeling processes and results for other scientists, both junior and senior.
- Partner with other science leaders throughout Amazon to develop consistent and repeatable solutions.
- Communicate with org leaders and business/engineering teams for models, experiments and data analysis.
Why you will love this opportunity: Amazon is investing heavily in building a world-class advertising business. This team defines and delivers a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our solutions generate billions in revenue and drive long-term growth for Amazon’s Retail and Marketplace businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions, millions of clicks daily, and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit - with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Impact and Career Growth: You will invent new experiences and influence customer-facing shopping experiences to help suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising; this is your opportunity to work within the fastest-growing businesses across all of Amazon! Define a long-term science vision for our advertising business, driven from our customers' needs, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- PhD in economics or equivalent
- Experience in analytics and applied economics
- Experience in developing and executing an analytic vision to solve business-relevant problems
- Experience in building statistical models using R, Python, STATA, or a related software
- Experience in industry, consulting, government or academic research
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $127,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $247,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.