Do you want to reach the next level in your career? Are you looking for new challenges and solving hard problems while using top-notch technologies? Join us and you'll help millions of customers to discover the best from a multi-billion product selection!
Discovery Tech team helps customers discover and engage with new, popular and relevant products across Amazon worldwide. We do this by combining technology, science, innovation and creativity to build new customer-facing features and experiences alongside cutting edge tools for marketers.
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to help us drive the direction of cross-category shopping experience. As a UX designer, you will be responsible for understanding the needs of Amazon customers and defining experience that enables them to find inspiration and ideas, and discover new categories, brands and products in an efficient and enjoyable way. You will work collaboratively with a team of product managers, engineers and designers from a wide range of teams.
Our ideal candidate has the ability to create simple, elegant and user-centered designs, demonstrated ability to balance high-level strategy with detail-oriented feature design, account for technical requirements/limitations and design for mobile and desktop channels. A capacity for advocating on behalf of our customers is an absolute must as this role will directly impact the way Amazon customers access all Amazon products and features.
Key job responsibilities
• Deliver high quality creative designs across diverse products and devices
• Invest into understanding customer needs through driving customer/UX research and usability studies
• Lead cross-team conceptual development, partnering with other designers, PMs, engineers and business teams
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define feature requirements
• Develop wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
• Provide thought leadership in architecting short- and long-term visions for the fashion-buying experience
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Berlin, BE, DEU
- 8+ years of design experience
- Knowledge of design tools such as Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, and Dreamweaver
- Experience applying scrum to visual or UX design processes
- Experience with UX design of complex workflows
- Have an available online portfolio
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.