Ring is seeking a QA Engineer to join a rapidly growing team focused on mobile applications. You’ll work closely with product, engineering, and QA teams to understand features, develop and automate test cases, improve product quality, and shorten release time from dev to production. You will represent QA concerns in meetings as well as provide valuable end-user feedback to improve the customer experience.
The ideal candidate is a motivated and talented test engineer who is passionate about testing software through automation and creating a stellar customer experience. They also thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
Work as part of a team of experienced QA engineers testing multiple software releases.
Hands-on experience creating, maintaining, and executing test cases/suites as well as analyzing results.
Create stable and re-usable automation of test cases for new features against for our mobile apps on iOS/Android/Fire platforms.
Create test plans and test cases for new features and ensure that adequate test coverage is provided.
Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and create detailed bug reports.
Prepare precise Test Completion reports for management to review and approve the release(s).
Participate in test planning efforts and communication of status.
A day in the life
- Create, execute, analyze, maintain and troubleshoot automated test cases
- Drive the creation of test plans and test strategy for our products
- Execute test cases, validate bug fixes and sprint tickets, report test results, and be an advocate for quality in every phase of the development process
About the team
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hawthorne, CA, USA
- 3+ years of quality assurance engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience in automation testing
- 3+ years of experience with debugging and automation testing tools (Appium, Selenium Webdriver, Jenkins, Postman, Charles Proxy, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience with source control versioning systems, preferably Bitbucket
- Experience in API & Mobile testing
- Experience designing and planning test conditions, test scripts, and test data sets to ensure appropriate and adequate coverage and control
- Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Have strong interpersonal, writing, and communication skills.
- Knowledge in CI/CD processes and tools.
- Application automation testing experience (i.e. Appium, Selenium, Cucumber).
- Experience with tools and frameworks like Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, TestNG, and TestRail.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $67,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $183,100/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.