This role will support Ring by operating and maintaining commercial off-the-shelf applications in support of Ring Engineering teams. Areas of responsibility include ensuring best practice execution of operations processes relating to AWS Infrastructure, Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, Grafana, Jenkins, Okta, Slack, and others. Being successful in this role requires a personal drive to raise IT maturity, attention to detail and insistence on the highest standards for operational excellence.
The ideal candidate will have a proven and demonstrable track record of administering mission-critical infrastructure, and strong troubleshooting skills.
Key job responsibilities
• Maintain operational stability, security and compliance for Atlassian, Artifactory, BitBucket, Grafana, Jenkins and Grafana private cloud environments running on AWS EC2 and EKS.
• Manage all aspects of Operational Excellence, including Incident Management, Preventive Maintenance, Applying System Updates, Release Management, Capacity and License Planning
• Interface with internal engineering and third-party support teams, to accomplish established goals provided by leadership
• Identify underutilized or redundant resources to reduce wastes in cost or time management
• Troubleshoot application performance and stability issues for COTS tools.
• Continuously improve Ring processes in order to raise the bar for our internal and external customers.
A day in the life
You will attend bi-weekly sync up meetings with Ring IT where you’ll discuss open and emerging items on the Kanban board, assign priority and execute. You will have a high degree of independence to decide what's important and set your work accordingly. You will lead and collaborate on activities related to managing and improving system performance, availability and cost. You will use pipelines, CI/CD, IAC, and AWS to keep systems up-to-date and operating at peak performance.
About the team
Ring IT drives security, availability, and continuous improvement for back-office tools that allow Ring to deliver high-quality solutions to its customers with minimal friction. Every employee at Ring is our customer. This role is instrumental in enhancing our ability to scale. We aspire to force multiply by developing tools and workflows that can be leveraged across all engineering teams at Ring.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hawthorne, CA, USA | Irvine, CA, USA
• 2+ years of experience and proven track record in enterprise level IT services & operations
• 2+ years of experience working with development support tools like Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, and Jenkins
• 1+ years of experience configuring, troubleshooting and administering Java applications running on Linux, Apache and PostgreSQL
• 1+ years of experience with AWS infrastructure technologies like EC2, EKS, VPC, IAM, ALB, NLB, and CloudWatch
• 1+ year experience using configuration management tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Chef or Salt.
• 1+ years supporting SAML, OpenID Connect and federated authentication
• Understanding of TCP/IP and Internet technologies like digital certificates, well-known TCP ports, web server security, AWS security
• Breadth of technical proficiency in areas like Unix/Linux administration, Network Administration, Programming Language Concepts or Security Engineering
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $83,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $207,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.