The Amazon US PC/IT team is looking for a talented, customer-obsessed Senior Category Merchant Manager (CMM) to help shape the future of our 3rd party marketplace. The CMM role offers the unique opportunity to own a sizable portion of a fast-growing category P&L while also driving large scale, high visibility projects across a variety of internal teams.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and have a demonstrated track record of successful project management/ownership, juggling multiple projects with competing deadlines, and using data to identify and prioritize opportunities. They will be analytical, enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, customer-focused, and have strong communication skills with the ability to handle ambiguity and influence employees at all levels of the organization.
We’re inventing the future of retail right where Amazon began. Amazon has grown to become an integral part of customers’ lives, and the PC/IT organization is at the center of that evolution. We’re inspired by the idea of changing how people think about shopping, and we’re looking for new team members who share our passion. Retail business and technology professionals are encouraged to think big and innovate the shopping experiences of the future. Every day in Amazon’s Retail organization offers an opportunity to challenge yourself and build something that improves the lives of shoppers.
Key job responsibilities
The Sr. CMM will have several key responsibilities within the 3rd party Marketplace side of the business, including:
• Category strategy and ownership: Work closely with Leadership on planning and business strategy, drive best-in-class customer experience and maximize unit and GMS growth through timely analysis and action.
• Business Development: You will work closely with Marketplace teams to help recruit strategic sellers and drive sales in new categories.
• Seller management: Identify and lead new Seller partnerships, manage large Sellers and enhance overall Seller experience with better self-service and reporting resources.
• Project management: Lead a variety of projects that impact both Consumer Electronics and the broader US business.
• Customer Experience: Innovate with our sellers to drive optimal customer experience across the PC/IT 3P business.
A day in the life
A successful CMM must be able to:
• Act as the ‘business owner’ for their categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact our business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the category, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects to achieve business objectives)
• Have a complete understanding of customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to deliver site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
• Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
• Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders, while meeting tight deadlines for high visibility projects
• Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets. Identify the right referral fee for different category segments to maximize topline growth
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years of professional experience influencing internal and external stakeholders
• Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to Earn Trust and articulate complex ideas effectively
• Strong business judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering results
• Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency with Excel and data analysis
• Operates as a team player, likes to have fun at work, and has a positive attitude
• MBA or related Master's
• P&L responsibility and experience delivering strong financial results
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (prioritization, planning and task delegation)
• Excellent analytical and data-mining aptitude
• Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
• Demonstrates creative problem solving by adapting frameworks or existing practices to create useful solutions
• Proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects and teams
• Strong proficiency in strong understanding of business statistics and data analytics
• Basic SQL Proficiency
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $112,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $208,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.